Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Reporting Delayed

tag
DaMajor
Valued Member

Capital One Reporting Delayed

My Capital One payoff reported on Equifax on 5/17 which is their normal update time.   For some reason it still has not reported on Transunion and Experian as of 5/24 (fresh report plus checked their website version as well).   Anyone else experence this..any way to trigger an update?   I paid off several but only the Capital One has had the delayed update.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

@DaMajor wrote:

My Capital One payoff reported on Equifax on 5/17 which is their normal update time.   For some reason it still has not reported on Transunion and Experian as of 5/24 (fresh report plus checked their website version as well).   Anyone else experence this..any way to trigger an update?   I paid off several but only the Capital One has had the delayed update.

Where you seeing this? Who's webite version? You can call Cap1 and ask.

Message 2 of 29
Cowboys4Life
Frequent Contributor

@DaMajor wrote:

I am going to back this up and expand on it.  Ever since Cap1 changed their statement practice to a rotating time frame (it used to be exactly 3 days after payment due date) the statement drop and reporting date is inconsistent at best.  If you owe a balance the statement drops right away especially if you are over 40% usage.  If you pay it off or don't owe a significant amount it takes days longer to drop and post.  It also will delay if there are pending charges and they can post a higher balance.  I too had high usage and thanks to a bonus paid everything down this month on time.  Discover posted as usual but Cap1 took 2 days longer and the bureaus haven't registered it yet.  

As for triggering an update:  any attempt I made to reach out to a Cap1 representative was met with a scripted explanation of how billing works and any attempt to ask for a bureau update simply repeated the script.  Waste of my time for sure.

Message 3 of 29
DaMajor
Valued Member

I used MyFico Premium plus I have individual logins for all CRAs to check reports.   

Message 4 of 29

My Capital One statement close date was May 19 and still hasn't reported on any of my credit reports yet either.

Anyone know how much longer this might take to show up?

Message 5 of 29
NoHardLimits
Frequent Contributor

I am also experiencing a delay in reporting a balance payoff for Capital One.  Statement cut on May 18th with a $0 balance.  Updated as usual on Equifax on May 22nd, but still showing the April balance on Experian and Transunion as of today.

February 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 10 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 6 of 29
NoHardLimits
Frequent Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

I am also experiencing a delay in reporting a balance payoff for Capital One.  Statement cut on May 18th with a $0 balance.  Updated as usual on Equifax on May 22nd, but still showing the April balance on Experian and Transunion as of today.

TU finally updated today to show the Capital One balance as $0, eight days after the statement cut.  Still waiting for EX to update.

February 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 10 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 7 of 29

Has anyone else's updated?

Message 8 of 29
DaMajor
Valued Member

TU hit today like 8 days after the normal date.   Still waiting on Experian...this may be a Capital One issue.  All my other payoffs reported normally.

Message 9 of 29

What time did TU report at?

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.