cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Reporting Delayed

tag

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

Has anyone's Experian balance updated yet?

Message 21 of 29
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

@cashmerethinker 

My EX still has not updated. It's been 43 days since the last update on my QS card,  which was on April 17th.

 

Funny how we are required to be on time, but that doesn't apply to them.

 

Small fry for me as this is just my AZEO card; however,  I feel badly for those who paid down their Cr1 account to reduce UTIL for a potential mortgage application and Cr1's reporting is delayed. 

Message 22 of 29
NoHardLimits
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

My Capital One tradeline finally updated on EX today.  13 days after the statement cut.

February 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 10 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 23 of 29
FreedomHammer
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

Same here. It took them 44 days to update my balance. 

Message 24 of 29

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed


@FreedomHammer wrote:

Same here. It took them 44 days to update my balance. 


Can you tell me your statement cut date was?

Message 25 of 29
DaMajor
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

EX finally updated 13 days after TU and Equifax.  I did receive myfico alerts for TU and EQ but still have not received any for EX.   I pay for MyFico premier for a reason plus I have logins for each individual CRA as well.   Very frustrating...

Message 26 of 29
DaMajor
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed


@DaMajor wrote:

EX finally updated 13 days after TU and Equifax.  I did receive myfico alerts for TU and EQ but still have not received any for EX.   I pay for MyFico premier for a reason plus I have logins for each individual CRA as well.   Very frustrating...

 

The MyFico alert just came through...literally about 2 hours after the above post.   


 

Message 27 of 29
Yungfeenxm23
New Visitor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed

Class Action Lawsuit Pending Against Capitol One Financial Corp 

 

Recently found out Capitol One Financial Corp (Capitol One) is conducting business in bad faith with consumers which is a clear violation of the Federal Trade Commision- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Public Law No.91-508). 

https://www.capitalone.com/learn-grow/money-management/how-often-credit-score-update/

Updated September 12, 2023 Capitol One states on their own website (link above) they update consumers credit reports every 30-45 days.  

Here's the kicker. Capitol One picks and choose when and how they want to report to the big 3 credit bureaus. Consumers have accounts with Capitol One for years in good standings with on time payments and they willfully neglect to report these accounts. Once again this is a clear violation of FCRA guidelines and policies. 

To correct this issue call capitol One file a complaint via telephone, they will give you the run around to dispute your account via letter sent to their main headquarters. After you complete that process you file a dispute with the 2 of 3 credit bureaus. Final step file a certified complaint/dispute with the U.S. Federal Trade Commision and wait for a notice via postal mail for information on your rights in the upcoming class action lawsuit. 

Best of Luck 

Message 28 of 29
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Reporting Delayed


@Yungfeenxm23 wrote:

Class Action Lawsuit Pending Against Capitol One Financial Corp 

 

Recently found out Capitol One Financial Corp (Capitol One) is conducting business in bad faith with consumers which is a clear violation of the Federal Trade Commision- Fair Credit Reporting Act (Public Law No.91-508). 

https://www.capitalone.com/learn-grow/money-management/how-often-credit-score-update/

Updated September 12, 2023 Capitol One states on their own website (link above) they update consumers credit reports every 30-45 days.  

Here's the kicker. Capitol One picks and choose when and how they want to report to the big 3 credit bureaus. Consumers have accounts with Capitol One for years in good standings with on time payments and they willfully neglect to report these accounts. Once again this is a clear violation of FCRA guidelines and policies. 

To correct this issue call capitol One file a complaint via telephone, they will give you the run around to dispute your account via letter sent to their main headquarters. After you complete that process you file a dispute with the 2 of 3 credit bureaus. Final step file a certified complaint/dispute with the U.S. Federal Trade Commision and wait for a notice via postal mail for information on your rights in the upcoming class action lawsuit. 

Best of Luck 


"Lenders typically update account information with bureaus every 30-45 days." Page didnt say when Cap1 updates. It was a info page on credit.


Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.