Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Insurance and Store Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Insurance and Store Cards

Hey TT.  The last time we had a CBIS discussion thread of any length, I think that somebody answered an important question.  Namely....

If you have been with the same auto insurance provider for at least 13 months, the chance that they will periodically pull your score for subsequent premium quotes is remote.  That's something they do when you first come on.  Thus, if you feel that your CBIS score is likely to have improved sharply since you first started with them, the only way you are likely to benefit is to ask them to pull your score again and consider it (say a month before they calculate the next 6 month premium).

Am I remembering that right?

My premiums seem to be based (erroneously) on Geico believing that my driving record has been perfect for the last five years.  I have never made that claim to them, but they have mentioned that before in passing.  So I am reluctant to do anything to induce them to pull my LexisNexis report, which is a primary source of driving record info.  If I can be a good boy for a full 62 months I will ask them to re-pull my score then.

Message 21 of 22
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Re: Car Insurance and Store Cards

CGID, Yes - that is correct

CBIS scores are usually pulled when you are setting up a policy.

They are typically not considered as part of setting renewal premiums - unless you request they be pulled and considered. I don't know what my State Farm scores are but, my policy indicates a CBIS pull can be requested up to once every 6 months. I am quite curious but, don't want to rock the boat given a speeding ticked that may not be on their radar.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.