cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card not reporting to all 3, is it worth fixing?

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Card not reporting to all 3, is it worth fixing?

In your opinion, is it worth the hassle to get a card to report to all three bureaus?  In my specific case I have a card that reports to Experian and Equifax, but not Transunion.  Comparably, my AAOA does drag a little over at TU as this is my second oldest card.  It is paid off so it would add a 0 balance. 

Is it possible to get it to report all 3?  If so, would I go through the card issuer or the bureau directly? Thanks in advance for any advice provided.  I am mulling things over so I do not have a strong need to take action, but I am actively considering.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Re: Card not reporting to all 3, is it worth fixing?

If you want the trade line to report, I believe the first step would be to contact the card issuer . . . often it's a challenge to get the CRAs to add a trade line that the creditor isn't reporting (at least that's been my experience). 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 2 of 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

...and some lenders simply don't report to all three bureaus.

You didn't mention the lender, but I've got two of those.

HSBC reports to Experian and Equifax, but not to TransUnion, and they are not obligated to.  Each lender decides which CRAs to use and report to. 

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It's worth considering confirmation if it is reporting and if so that they are reporting correctly, on the off chance for example that the card is being reported incorrectly on someone else's credit report or you have the makings of a split report. 

You should probably first confirm with the issuer if they are reporting and if so they are reporting accourately; only then if appropriate contact Transunion.   It's the issuer that is responsible for reporting accurate information if they choose to report; TU is responsible for reporting the given information accurately. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 11
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

It's worth considering confirmation if it is reporting and if so that they are reporting correctly, on the off chance for example that the card is being reported incorrectly on someone else's credit report or you have the makings of a split report. 

You should probably first confirm with the issuer if they are reporting and if so they are reporting accourately; only then if appropriate contact Transunion.   It's the issuer that is responsible for reporting accurate information if they choose to report; TU is responsible for reporting the given information accurately. 

Thank you I contacted the card issuer and they say they are disputing to have it added to TU (whatever that means). I did not consider whether they are reporting incorrectly, it never crossed my mind since they appropriately report to EX and EQ. I will call them back, this is why this forum is invaluable.  There is always aspects one may not consider.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 11
JDC0259

I have been going through this for the last 6 months now. For whatever reason, TU has been reporting the account since its onset, but EQ and EX just haven't gotten with the program just yet. I've submitted several disputes to the bureaus and the data furnisher, but I have yet to get any real results. Just the other day, I went ahead and submitted a complaint to the CFPB, enjoining the data furnisher (USAA, EQ & EX). It is my sincerest hope that this will resolve the matter. I'll be sure to keep you folks posted. 

Message 6 of 11
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@JDC0259Keep us posted, I will do the same!

Message 7 of 11
JDC0259

Update #1 - So this morning, I received a phone call from the bank (USAA) responsible for reporting the credit card to the credit bureaus. They informed me that they were reaching out regarding the CFPB complaint that I had submitted and mentioned that they were working with the credit bureaus to get the information updated. They claimed to have already fixed the error with Equifax, but it could take up to 45 days to report. The rep also mentioned that they were still working with Experian but would reach back to me soon as they got it sorted out.  More to come...

Message 8 of 11
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@JDC0259 wrote:

Update #1 - So this morning, I received a phone call from the bank (USAA) responsible for reporting the credit card to the credit bureaus. They informed me that they were reaching out regarding the CFPB complaint that I had submitted and mentioned that they were working with the credit bureaus to get the information updated. They claimed to have already fixed the error with Equifax, but it could take up to 45 days to report. The rep also mentioned that they were still working with Experian but would reach back to me soon as they got it sorted out.  More to come...

Thanks for following up, I have no update as of yet.  The creditor did state they will send me a letter within 30 days.  Thank you for letting me know about the 45 day cycle to make updates.

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@JDC0259 wrote:

Thanks for following up, I have no update as of yet.  The creditor did state they will send me a letter within 30 days.  Thank you for letting me know about the 45 day cycle to make updates.

Who is the lender or creditor btw? 

Given you have posted this reporting (or lack thereof) instance, there may be others who may be experiencing a similar issue.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.