Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards not showing on report

tag
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Cards not showing on report

Hi everyone,

I opened up a cap one platinum on April 13th which has produced a statement and is yet to report on credit along with another cap one spark on which I am a authorized user and was added on in February 2021.

Is there a reason why this would be the case? Is there anything I can do? 

10 REPLIES 10
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards not showing on report

It's very common for Cap1 not to report a new account until after the 2nd statement. Also, right now they seem to be having a delayed response time for their EX reporting. I would expect your new cards to report shortly after the 2nd statement cuts to EQ and TU, and likely within 14 days or so after the 2nd statement cuts to EX. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 11
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

What about the authorized user business card? It's been months since February?

Message 3 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@LuckyB338 wrote:

What about the authorized user business card? It's been months since February?

Capital One Spark cards no longer report to personal credit reports. They used to, however this policy has changed. That card will not report for you at all, unfortunately. 

TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 11
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Any business cards that do?

Message 5 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@LuckyB338 wrote:

Any business cards that do?

Off the top of my head...Discover. Any reason why you need a business card to be on your reports? Those cards are set up under a PG (personal guarantee) and will not affect your reports in any way differently than a personal card would. Just curious if there was a reason behind it.  

TCL $199,800
Message 6 of 11
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

I'm coming off of a ch 7 that I filed for and was discharged in March of 2021. I'm trying to leverage business credit to build my personal back up.

While on the topic, do you think I should do SSL with PenFed? I do have 15k student loan on my file 

Message 7 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@LuckyB338 wrote:

I'm coming off of a ch 7 that I filed for and was discharged in March of 2021. I'm trying to leverage business credit to build my personal back up.

While on the topic, do you think I should do SSL with PenFed? I do have 15k student loan on my file 

There's no way to leverage business credit to build up your personal credit. Those business cards you're thinking of are based on your information, your SSN, etc. If you were able to open a business account for an entity with an established profile, that will build the business up, not your personal. They're two separate avenues. I have no experience with using a SSL to boost scores, however I believe that the open student loans do indeed satisfy the installment portion of the FICO credit mix requirements. Since this is veering off the original post, I would post your "SSL vs. student loans after discharge" question in the rebuilding your credit section as a separate thread. Maybe post a thread with your entire situation. Those guys over there would

be happy to analyze what you've got going on, and give you some great advice. 

TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 11
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Thank you

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyB338 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I opened up a cap one platinum on April 13th which has produced a statement and is yet to report on credit along with another cap one spark on which I am a authorized user and was added on in February 2021.

Is there a reason why this would be the case? Is there anything I can do? 

Not all creditors report at the same time.  I got one credit card (can't remember which one as I have over 20) that hit my reports before I even got the card in the mail!   Then there was some like Navy and Amex that took about 3 months to hit.  They all have different timelines.  Just be patient.......it will magically appear before you know it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.