Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CashApp

tag
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

CashApp

Hello FICO friends, does anyone know any experience using the cashapp to send cash? Is it safe to send funds. I have Zelle but the person I know does not have Zelle and request to send thru cashapp but I am kinda skeptical. Appreciate the feedback. Thks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: CashApp

I use cash app to pay my barber. I have no issues. After I send the payment I delete my info. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

if just money and small amount giving to friend or a bigger purchase?  Once money is sent it is gone from my understanding no recourse to get it back.  As long as not for a product/service you should be fine.  I avoid CashApp and zelle both though and really only comfy with paypal/venmo

Message 3 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Pway 

Ok Thank you. Do you have to add a Debit or Cc when adding funds?

Message 4 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity 

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it. 

Message 5 of 10
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:

@Pway 

Yes, you have to link a bank account or debit account to  add funds  to CashApp.  All my grandkids have CashApp accounts so I use it regularly. I would not link it to a main account only because CashApp(which used to be Square Cash), has been the topic of issues. I've never personally had a problem but I either delete my banking info after my transaction is finished or simply use a "spare" bank account with only enough funds for the transaction. As mentioned above, once the payment is sent, there's no recourse, consider it gone.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@outofcredit 

Thank you for the info on The CashApp I really appreciate it. 

Message 7 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

@outofcredit wrote:

@gingerflower wrote:

@Pway 

Yes, you have to link a bank account or debit account to  add funds  to CashApp.  All my grandkids have CashApp accounts so I use it regularly. I would not link it to a main account only because CashApp(which used to be Square Cash), has been the topic of issues. I've never personally had a problem but I either delete my banking info after my transaction is finished or simply use a "spare" bank account with only enough funds for the transaction. As mentioned above, once the payment is sent, there's no recourse, consider it gone.

I agree with this. ^^^

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 10
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Pway 

Thank you!

Message 9 of 10
Bill77
Regular Contributor

I've used it for years without issue.  It's connected to my debit card and I only add money when I know I'm going to make a transfer or purchase with it.  CashApp offers what they call Boost that offer cash back at certain stores and can occasionally be useful.  For example, right now there's a 5% cash back Walmart boost and a 10% CVS boost.  I've also used Venmo and PayPal without issue.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.