Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Credit Pull Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cell Credit Pull Question

I am thinking of being added onto my boyfriends cell service as a new line since it will save me about half what I'm paying. He is with AT&T (I'm currently with T-Mobile). Does anyone know if they will need to pull my credit in order to add me on as a new line?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Cell Credit Pull Question

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking of being added onto my boyfriends cell service as a new line since it will save me about half what I'm paying. He is with AT&T (I'm currently with T-Mobile). Does anyone know if they will need to pull my credit in order to add me on as a new line?

Are you being added to his service, with him still being responsible for the bill ?    If that is the case then I doubt that your credit would be pulled.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If your boyfriend is adding an additional line to his existing account, and simply letting you use it, no, you will not even be associated with the account or in AT&T's system whatsoever.

If you do an assumption of liability (account is put in your name, you take ownership) then there is a possibility they could pull your credit.

Since I'm quite confident you fall into the first scenario, however, you have nothing to worry about.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes he'd just be adding me onto his line with the bill still in his name. Although I am hoping to keep my existing number. Hope that is possible with that scenario. Thanks!

Message 4 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Yes, you can "port" your number to AT&T.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Yes, you can "port" your number to AT&T.

While that is usually true, it's not always a given.  To the OP, I recommend simply contacting AT&T and they can verify right then and there whether your number would be eligible to be ported to the new line.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.