cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Discharged Account Reported Again 2 Years Later!

tag
man1919

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Discharged Account Reported Again 2 Years Later!

My husband and I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy about three years ago and it was discharged in 2010. I had two Target credit card accounts that were included in the bankruptcy. This week I pulled my Equifax report and it showed the two Target accounts were reported again last month as a negative account! It still says "discharged in chapter 7 bankruptcy" but now these two account are showing 4 times total on my report as negative accounts. Apparently Target Bank was recently bought out by TD Bank so I'm wondering if that's why the accounts were reported again but can they do that? If I dispute them as duplicate accounts can I get them removed? The old account don't show any reporting activity since 2010...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Discharged Account Reported Again 2 Years Later!

You should be able to have them removed as duplicate accounts.  Instead of disputing I would call the CRA and talk to them to see about getting those 2 removed.

Message 2 of 4
man1919

I called and the rep said the accounts that were reported last month show different account numbers but  that either way since they are noted with the chapter 7 filing it's not going to affect my score. Not sure I'm buying that explanation.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The IIB notation should have no affect on your score.

Do they all show a 0 balance?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.