Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off dates

I have been told that when a credit card company charges off your account that they can't show any dates after the carge off, that if you make an agreement to pay the dept and make the payment on time that they can show that payments are current but can't put a new date on them. Is this true? mine shows the date the charge off was paid - and it was even purchased by another lender but WAUM still showed the account. also they left a $300 balance on the account with WAMU so it shows up twice under different account numbers, and they made me pay $150 of the $300 to clear it. Then they sent it to collections for the full $300 . which they took care of , but then showed the new date of it being paid after the collection co had it. shows paid but 2 months after I cleared it with the collection co.    Any Ideas I have disputed this 2 times and have sent the letter from WAMU showing the $300 was taken care of 6 months before.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off dates

summertime wrote:
I have been told that when a credit card company charges off your account that they can't show any dates after the carge off, that if you make an agreement to pay the dept and make the payment on time that they can show that payments are current but can't put a new date on them. Is this true? mine shows the date the charge off was paid - and it was even purchased by another lender but WAUM still showed the account. also they left a $300 balance on the account with WAMU so it shows up twice under different account numbers, and they made me pay $150 of the $300 to clear it. Then they sent it to collections for the full $300 . which they took care of , but then showed the new date of it being paid after the collection co had it. shows paid but 2 months after I cleared it with the collection co.    Any Ideas I have disputed this 2 times and have sent the letter from WAMU showing the $300 was taken care of 6 months before.

Okay, are we talking the status date or the reporting date?  It may have taken them that long to report it after getting payment from the colledtion agency.  Does it still show the original charge off date and date of delinquency?  The account should be removed seven years after the date of last delinquency no matter what you do.  They have to update it with the date they received payment to reflect a zero balance or it would still be factored into your outstanding debt.

What has WaMu said when you ask that they update the payment date with the CBs?  But as I said that date doesnt mean a whole lot as the date of delinquency if the real deciding factor

Message 2 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:

The account should be removed seven years after the date of last delinquency no matter what you do. 

Last or first?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Brammy wrote:

The account should be removed seven years after the date of last delinquency no matter what you do. 

Last or first?

Last - with the original creditor.  you can be delinquent several times during a relationship with a lender. The one that decides when it will fall off your reports is the dates of last delinquency in her case, before chargeoff status.

Delinquencie on an active account fall off 7 years from the date of delinquendy in kind

say she was 30 days late and they didnt charge it off till 120 days, the delinquency was at the thrity day period.  Even if she had several previous 30 day late over the life of the account, the clock would start at the point the last delinquency started

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-16-2007 10:04 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to this - and need more clarification. In my reports. They all show as 2 different accounts with WAMU - when it was only one account. It was charged off in 2002 with WAMU and sold to collection co. (collection co does not show) they promised to remove for payment in full in July of 2006 and did.
on the other had WAMU kept the account showing a balance of 300. $13,000 was paid by my title co straight to the collection co when I did a refinance on my home.
I now have on  2 accounts showing - it should be one---It shows the closing date in 2002 but the account ending date on one account Aug 2006 and the other shows Feb 2007 and still owing 300 but charged off.

I paid 150 of the 300 to get them to clear the account in Aug 2006.  Then they turned it to another colletion co in Nov 2006 and showed updated feb. 2007.

Now who do I contact again. to clear this off-????? I have disputed with the credit agency and it put a newer date on it.

what type of letter do I use or should I call again?

Should the date on my credit be the date of the charge off?  april 2002  ---date of the last payment after the charge off? which would be july 2006.
or the date of the last payment recorded which they don't show at all. just shows charged off.
And can they keep the 300 balance and hold it against me when they sold the account and I had no Idea I owed the other 300. I made an agrement with the collection agency for payment in full which I did in July 2006. like I said they removed there stuff. even with out having it in writing.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

simply - -
accounts don't show late payment only charge off
reports show 2 accounts with WAMU and should be one- they have different account #'s
WAMU kept a 300 balance - confirmed by them.paid 150 to clear, I have the letter. then it was sent to new collections for the $300 . cleared it with new collections - but it still shows and keeps updating.
who do I call > or write >?
what do I send?

Dates?
latepayments before Charge off? I don't know - doesn't show.
date of Charge off? april 2002
or Date I paid the $150?
Date I paid the collection? aug 2006

how do I get them to change the dates if it should be before the charge off  (some time before april 2002)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to keep adding things but - I have to refer back to my credit reports and they are all total different on these accounts for WAMU-  one of the reports shows 90 days late on Jan 2007.
date of last activity Jan 2007- date of payment 2006 - and date closed Feb 2007.
ouch. Its all wrong... haven't talked with MAMU for a while. I just disputed them with credit agencies.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

summertime wrote:
Sorry to keep adding things but - I have to refer back to my credit reports and they are all total different on these accounts for WAMU-  one of the reports shows 90 days late on Jan 2007.
date of last activity Jan 2007- date of payment 2006 - and date closed Feb 2007.
ouch. Its all wrong... haven't talked with MAMU for a while. I just disputed them with credit agencies.

From all you've posted you really need to get in touch with WaMu.  The reason I say this is that if you have not had an accoutn with them since 2002 there is absolutely no reason for a date of last activity of 07.  I would definitely investigate why I have two aaccounts showing when I only in reality had one.  The usually happens when there is a lost card replaced but they both shouldn't be showing charged off.

Sorry cant be of more help. at this pioint.  Contact WaMu and see if you can get this first issue straightened out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.