Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CB reporting

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Chase CB reporting

Hi all, I’m trying to figure out when chase is going to report my new account with them to the CRA’s. My first statement has finally dropped and I’m curious since they’re the only ones that've not shown up yet.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase CB reporting

They report at the first statement. EX usually updates for me within a day or two. EQ and TU lag 

So, if you're wanting to know if it reported, EX is your best bet. 

Message 2 of 6
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Thanks Reme, I tanked my score a little bit by paying everything off, who knew 0% utli would be so bad

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
Thanks Reme, I tanked my score a little bit by paying everything off, who knew 0% utli would be so bad

Yeah, been there, done that. I thought it was a good thing 

Chase reports on closing date. On my freedom that was the 8th. EX had it updated on the 9th. I paid on the 9th, and today it's back to being $0Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@addicted_to_credit, Chase reports on the closing date, whenever you pay to zero, and whenever you call in and ask them to.

The fact that they report whenever you pay to zero is worth being aware of because of the potential of kicking in the "all cards at zero" penalty. For most people, it's easier to keep one's small positive balance on a card from a different bank. That allows Chase's "pay to zero" reporting to work to one's advantage.

I'm not sure if calling in and requesting will work before the card has reported for its first time. It'd be interesting if someone would try it and report back.

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Paying down to $0.00 before closing will force update. That's how I got CSP to report before first closing date. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.