Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase got me!

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Chase got me!

I've had a mortgage with these guys for over 14 years now without a missed payments, FICOs 730 plus, but high DTI.  Seem an offer to open a checking account and a $300 bonus.  Applied and was turned down instantly through an EX credit check.  I blame myself but I thought, I've had a mortgage with them for this long so why not?  I guess didn't read the fine print and why would they check your credit for a checking account??  You think hard or soft?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase got me!

As far asI know,  its a SP from EX report for checking account. so you dont have to worry!

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Are you sure you "turned down instantly through an EX credit check"? Did you see they inquiry on EX, or did they tell you it was your EX report? It might have been EWS, Early Warning System, a system large banks like Chase & BoA use to look for any prior banking issues like a history of bounced checks, accounts closed with a negative balance. If you declined Overdraft Protection, a credit product, they should not pull your credit report.

I just closed my Chase checking which I just opened in January for the $300 bonus. I know they did not pull my EX report as I have it locked and as I have no credit product from Chase they would have no existing relationship authorizing a SP, and they can't HP with it locked.

Message 3 of 6
babbles
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Absolutely it said unfortunately we can not offer you an account based on info from credit file or something to that effect and it referenced Experian. And again, I’ve had a mortgage with them for over for 14 years. I’m more concerned with the credit inquiry than anything. Credit is spotless!
Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Well that's really strange, high DTI is a common reason to deny a credit app but unlikely to be a reason to deny a bank account. I've opened & closed Chase checking accounts twice over the past couple of years for their easy bonus, and my credit is far from spotless - a 2010 BK7 still reporting that included two Chase CCs. Do you have access to your EX report? You should check it to make sure there's not some fraudulent activity or incorrect info.

Message 5 of 6
babbles
Established Contributor

I have alerts set up on my FICO account and constantly check my credit as it flucuates up and down.   I am going to see specifically what the deal was after what I am seeing in replies.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.