cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support

tag
mooshi

Re: Child Support

I am single parent and male. I used to pay my ex-girlfriend child support and she took off one day. I had to go to court and start paying her mother child support due to my son living with them at the time. I now have full custody of my son and my ex has owed me child support since last year and I have yet to see a dime. Life is fair-------right!!!!!!!! 
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, if I woke up one morning and found a meteor had oblitered the state government here, I'd throw the biggest party my block has ever seen.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

mooshi wrote:
I am single parent and male. I used to pay my ex-girlfriend child support and she took off one day. I had to go to court and start paying her mother child support due to my son living with them at the time. I now have full custody of my son and my ex has owed me child support since last year and I have yet to see a dime. Life is fair-------right!!!!!!!! 

If she is under court ordered child support you will find the same derog info on her credit report that you find on deadbeat dads' credit report.  Its as fair as it can get

Message 13 of 23
figaga7

In 1991, my ex sued me for child support not because I was not paying but because her friends told her that if she did not go through the system, I would stop paying once I got involved with another woman.  However, she later realized how ill advised she had been and went back to court to have the child support taken off. (by the way, we both had to be in court for that to happen).

For a while, it was been reported on my credit files as 'paid as agreed'; however, it recently appeared on my files as 'paid after collection' this of course is hurting my FICO score.  Has any one ever had this experince? And if so, how do I go about having this removed from my files?  help!!Smiley Mad
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd have an easier time moving the Earth from its orbit than getting a government agency to correct something it did wrong...especially when it has Soviet-like powers like the child support agencies.

There was a guy I went to school with who was hit up for around $22,000 in back child support. They hounded him, took away his passport, his driver's license. They were about to put him in jail for contempt. He managed to escape them, though. One night before they were going to take him to jail, he took out his .357, loaded it, put the barrel in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Yeah, that was really in a child's best interest, hounding the father to suicide. Good job there, folks. I'm sure the Governor gave them a medal for that one. And if there's a Hell, I hope they burn there...every last one of them.

This is soooo not my country anymore.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 04-19-2007 02:55 AM
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's horrible that he felt the need to do that.  I do feel for him and that he felt his only option was suicide.  However, it's not the government's fault that he didn't pay his child support and was facing jail time and it's certainly not the government's fault that he committed suicide.  He made that decision, obviously not thinking about the impact on his loved ones, especially his poor, innocent child.  Had he paid his child support all along, or even some of it, he wouldn't have been put into a situation where he felt as though he had to take his own life to get out of it.  The governmental agencies were hounding him because he wasn't satisfying his obligations to his child, not to them. 

I do feel bad for parents that have to pay child support and then use whatever's left over to keep themselves afloat, particularly those who barely get by as it is.  My brother has to pay support and used to moan about it every day of the week.  Now, he realizes that it's the only thing keeping his child fed some days - literally - so he's not as apt to complain and even gives money to his ex-wife on the side when he knows his son is without something.  He gets no "credit" for this from the agencies but he doesn't care because because he knows his child has what he needs which is most important.

If I didn't have my child in my care, how could I be upset by paying support because afterall I did bring her into this world and it's my responsibility to her, not anyone else.  I would hate to think that I would be a deadbeat and not pay my support and her live without the things that she wants as a little girl, or worse, that she may not have the things she really needs. 

I want more for my daughter than I ever dreamed of having as a child.  That's why I am working hard on getting my credit as near perfect as I can.  I want to pass the most important things in life on down to her - the sense of personal responsibility and the importance of a good credit history.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

HouseHunter wrote:
That's horrible that he felt the need to do that.  I do feel for him and that he felt his only option was suicide.  However, it's not the government's fault that he didn't pay his child support and was facing jail time and it's certainly not the government's fault that he committed suicide.  He made that decision, obviously not thinking about the impact on his loved ones, especially his poor, innocent child.  Had he paid his child support all along, or even some of it, he wouldn't have been put into a situation where he felt as though he had to take his own life to get out of it.  The governmental agencies were hounding him because he wasn't satisfying his obligations to his child, not to them. 

I do feel bad for parents that have to pay child support and then use whatever's left over to keep themselves afloat, particularly those who barely get by as it is.  My brother has to pay support and used to moan about it every day of the week.  Now, he realizes that it's the only thing keeping his child fed some days - literally - so he's not as apt to complain and even gives money to his ex-wife on the side when he knows his son is without something.  He gets no "credit" for this from the agencies but he doesn't care because because he knows his child has what he needs which is most important.

If I didn't have my child in my care, how could I be upset by paying support because afterall I did bring her into this world and it's my responsibility to her, not anyone else.  I would hate to think that I would be a deadbeat and not pay my support and her live without the things that she wants as a little girl, or worse, that she may not have the things she really needs. 

I want more for my daughter than I ever dreamed of having as a child.  That's why I am working hard on getting my credit as near perfect as I can.  I want to pass the most important things in life on down to her - the sense of personal responsibility and the importance of a good credit history.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's horrible that he felt the need to do that. I do feel for him and that he felt his only option was suicide. However, it's not the government's fault that he didn't pay his child support and was facing jail time and it's certainly not the government's fault that he committed suicide. He made that decision, obviously not thinking about the impact on his loved ones, especially his poor, innocent child. Had he paid his child support all along, or even some of it, he wouldn't have been put into a situation where he felt as though he had to take his own life to get out of it. The governmental agencies were hounding him because he wasn't satisfying his obligations to his child, not to them.

All I know is if these communist predators had left my friend alone for, oh, even four to six months, he would have been able to get back on his feet and negotiate some kind of settlement. Maybe the government should have been thinking of what was best for the child, which did NOT include destroying the father. And I'm not saying he made no mistakes...he did, although I think he was as much a victim of circumstance as of his bad decisions. A couple business deals that would have netted him around $10,000 fell through due to circumstances beyond his control. But he wouldn't have had the arrears in the first place (or at least not nearly as much) if he'd filed the paperwork (which is a real pain in the rear) reporting he was disabled and out of work.

But I understand why he did what he did. It was his only way to escape the Amerikan Empire (since they took his passport away). Myself, I'd have been more imaginative...if millions of illegal immigrants can sneak into the country, I could find a way to get out of it. I wouldn't be the first person to have to leave a country like that to escape communism--a couple in East Germany actually built their own hot-air balloon in their basement to cross over the Berlin Wall back in the Seventies. A roommate of mine in college saw his father shot dead in front of his eyes when he escaped the fall of South Vietnam, but he got out.

Myself, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. So far my child support burden is manageable (though they probably will report me this month for being one month behind). But if push came to shove, I'd be gone too...just via a 747, not a .357.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

NewWorld,

You'll like these two:

One case where we were representing father the mother had primary custody and was ordered to pay the father child support.  [Sure it wasn't a lot, only about $150 per month, but still........]

Another case, a father I was representing was over $10,000 behind in his child support support.  He called one morning about 9:00 a.m. because he just had his driver's license taken away for the delinquent support.  By 10:30 a.m. that same morning I had his license back without him paying any additional money.

So, it can work out a person just has to know what to do (I guess very similar to improving credit). 

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
NewWorld,
You'll like these two:
One case where we were representing father the mother had primary custody and was ordered to pay the father child support. [Sure it wasn't a lot, only about $150 per month, but still........]
Another case, a father I was representing was over $10,000 behind in his child support support. He called one morning about 9:00 a.m. because he just had his driver's license taken away for the delinquent support. By 10:30 a.m. that same morning I had his license back without him paying any additional money.
So, it can work out a person just has to know what to do (I guess very similar to improving credit).

What did you do, drop a nuke on them or something?

There's nothing an ordinary person like me can do with these agencies. They have all the guns of the government behind them, and to do anything you have to go through all their expensive courts and procedures and whatnot.

There's a lot of frustration out there...I wouldn't be surprised if one day the system ticks off the wrong person and some of these bureaucrats and whatnot wake up around one million Fahrenheit. Only way change is ever going to happen in the family law system.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.