Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi IdentityMonitor anyone ?

tag
antae
New Contributor

Citi IdentityMonitor anyone ?

Hello.  I was windering if anyone uses Citi IdentityMonitor and had thoughts on the service?  I see there is a low cost offer floating around, is this legit?

I'm not rebuilding or applying for credit more interested in the monitoring service.  Also, don't care that scores are not FICO.  Thanks!

Amex BCP 25k '11 - Amex PRG '11 - Chase Sapphire 17.5k '95 - Citi Platinum Select 11.5k '93
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mirachi
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi IdentityMonitor anyone ?

I just got the service myself so from what I can tell:

PROS

• info is presented in a very clear way
  • tells you ownership status of accounts
  • from what I can tell, scores shown is very close to the one AMEX pulled (at most would be ~10 points off)  (ofc, YMMV)

CONS

• doesn't have graph/pie charts to show UTIL and/or account break down
  • doesn't give UTIL in percentages (it just tells you the balance & total CL for the card -- doesn't give % used for each individual card nor total % used across all accounts)
  • doesn't give hard INQ number (again, it'll show who HP your report but you have to manually count them up)

Note: I was previously using Experian's monitoring service (scores were off ~30 points?); was also playing around with Credit Karma (TU based; loved the graphs and everything but they were missing my oldest account so my AAoA looked horrible...) 

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm reading it properly but I think it might be free for all Citi cc holders? (at least for the Dividend and Forward -- under the benefit builder, you can add that as an option)

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 2 of 9
sosabe77
Contributor

There are definitely better monitors out there, especially with their promotion rates.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
PSouz
Contributor

@mirachi wrote:

I just got the service myself so from what I can tell:

PROS

• info is presented in a very clear way
  • tells you ownership status of accounts
  • from what I can tell, scores shown is very close to the one AMEX pulled (at most would be ~10 points off)  (ofc, YMMV)

CONS

• doesn't have graph/pie charts to show UTIL and/or account break down
  • doesn't give UTIL in percentages (it just tells you the balance & total CL for the card -- doesn't give % used for each individual card nor total % used across all accounts)
  • doesn't give hard INQ number (again, it'll show who HP your report but you have to manually count them up)

Note: I was previously using Experian's monitoring service (scores were off ~30 points?); was also playing around with Credit Karma (TU based; loved the graphs and everything but they were missing my oldest account so my AAoA looked horrible...) 

EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm reading it properly but I think it might be free for all Citi cc holders? (at least for the Dividend and Forward -- under the benefit builder, you can add that as an option)

I hope thats true, I just got the DIvidend and another free cms on top of CK would be nice. once I get my card in the mail later this week, I will report back.

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 4 of 9
Bdj1
Valued Member

I got them for 4.95 a month with an employee code.

I like that they are closest to your actual fico scores, in my experience.

Not perfect as one of the above comments state, but for the price and that you can actually use this credit report for disputes..... I think it's the best overall deal.

When I need an update ill subscribe here for 3 months to track the official score if need be.
16k7.8k7.5k1.75k13.5k4k8001k5k12.9k8k

Message 5 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

Their alerts always come to me first. Timeliness is a big plus for this service.

A big minus is they do not have a score tracking tool. They also don't let you view past reports.

5 bucks for the monitoring of all 3 reports is worth it IMO.

Message 6 of 9
PSouz
Contributor

Just got my Citi Dividend card in today, after activating it, I called and asked about the IdentityMonitor and was told it costs 13 dollars a month

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 7 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

A better deal is the same service for $4.95 a month.

Message 8 of 9
Axa
New Contributor

I tried the employee link, but I'm unable to get the $4.95 deal. It was working a few months ago and it took me right to the $4.95 sign up.

Whoever has it, please PM me the link.

ETA: Nevermind. Just click the "Buy Now" link at the bottom (or top, I just clicked the bottom one).

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.