Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank mid-cycle reporting??

tag
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Citibank mid-cycle reporting??

Hey, anyone ever see Citibank do mid-cycle reporting when paid to a $0 balance?  I've got a BestBuy Visa (2k limit, used 3x a year or so) that I used earlier in The month to purchase a TV that took me to about 55% uti. Made the payment, but not In time to avoid reporting on the 23rd to all 3. Then I get an alert on MyFico that I've paid off the balance and sure enough, TU and EX list it as $0 balance. This is AFTER reporting  the previous balance... weird glitch or new policy?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Citibank mid-cycle reporting??

Usually its Chase that does this when you 0 out during a cycle. Least it updated and the util went back down. Util has no memory. Maybe someone with Citi had the same thing happen. Cant recall Citi doing this.

Message 2 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it's exactly what Chase usually does.  Just got another alert today that EQ updated also, so now its all 3.  Sure would be nice if that is the case.  I should test it out.  There's certainly plenty of stuff to buy there Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately, Citi isn't known for mid-cycle reporting. In rare instances they have been known for some adjustments if it's an error on their part, but not for ordinary customers' requests or for bringing an account to a full zero balance (mid-cycle) like Chase does.

Message 4 of 8
slither43
Regular Contributor

Interesting. I have not had that happen once having been in the same scenario multiple times. I did, however, call and request they report out of cycle and they were kind enough to do so!

Message 5 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

It would be so cool if they started doing that... well we could probably care less, bit it'd be cool to see the 10 page thread that would result.  Excuse my nerdiness.

Message 6 of 8
coolandcalm
Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Hey, anyone ever see Citibank do mid-cycle reporting when paid to a $0 balance?  I've got a BestBuy Visa (2k limit, used 3x a year or so) that I used earlier in The month to purchase a TV that took me to about 55% uti. Made the payment, but not In time to avoid reporting on the 23rd to all 3. Then I get an alert on MyFico that I've paid off the balance and sure enough, TU and EX list it as $0 balance. This is AFTER reporting  the previous balance... weird glitch or new policy?

@805orbust Curious, 6 months later.. have you discovered that this is common practice now with citibank?

Message 7 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@coolandcalm  Sorry for the tardy reply.  Funny you mention this now.  I did a few charges on the BBY Visa again and paid them off at about the same time as the initial example... nothing.  Must have been a glitch in the Matrix.  Which wouldn't be surprising to me as I've seen a TON of wackiness over the last 2 years.  I haven't been able to view my credit score with Penfed since May of 2020, and there are dozens of others. If I get an alert on this one I'll update for sure.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.