Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed accounts and average age of credit

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Closed accounts and average age of credit

@HiLine wrote:

RobertEG wrote:All OC accounts, open and closed, continue to be scored in your AAoA.

@RobertEG wrote:

Once an item is excluded from your credit report, it is no longer available for scoring.

But AAoA is a scoring variable. How is this possible?

An item being excluded is the negative annotation such as a CO.  The entire TL is not deleted unless the OC chooses to do so.

When the CO annotation is no longer scored, and the TL remains, then that will continue to be factored into your AAoA.  If the entire OC TL is removed it is not factored in.

Message 21 of 22
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Closed accounts and average age of credit

@Roarmeister wrote:

I have a bunch of closed off accounts (ex. car loans) that have been paid off years ago.  They no longer show up in Equifax's credit report for the AAofA.  In fact none of my closed accounts are in their calculation.  So by their calculation my oldest account is only 11 years and the AAoA is 4.5 years and they also include my chequing account.  I did my calculation of all my accounts and have wildly different numbers.

EQ may not include them for their score but FICO does.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.