Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections on report a few days after having approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections on report a few days after having approvals

I was wondering, if a collections shows up on my credit report a couple days after credit card approvals will that have a chance of the issuers reversing said approvals? Obviously when I got approved no collections was on my report. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Collections on report a few days after having approvals

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering, if a collections shows up on my credit report a couple days after credit card approvals will that have a chance of the issuers reversing said approvals? Obviously when I got approved no collections was on my report. Thanks.

Credit cards like Chase and AmX definitely do SPs after approval to review accounts. Whether they take an AA or not is anyone’s guess. 

What CC are you worried about and can you provide us with details regarding the collection?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It is always possible certainly depending on lender it can be a form of adverse action.  It all depends on the lender.  Can go from doing nothing to them cancelling the cards all lender specific along with what said collection is along with amount and many other factors

Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Along with what @CreditCuriosity mentioned above, credit privileges can be suspended by some issuers and some may CLD in a variety of situations. It's always going to be a case-by-case outcome.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.