cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus

tag
undefined
New Member

Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus

I've had the Bread Cashback card for about 3 months now. I have paid it off every month but nothing is showing up on Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion. I mean nothing - no hard inquiry, no new accounts. It's like I don't even have the card.

 

I've seen that Comenity has been having issues the past few months in general with their servers. Has anyone else experienced this? Know how to get them to report?

I contacted Customer Support and after almost a week they responded saying they have been having technical issues during an upgrade and are working to start reporting again (no timeline given).

6 REPLIES 6
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus


@undefined wrote:

I've had the Bread Cashback card for about 3 months now. I have paid it off every month but nothing is showing up on Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion. I mean nothing - no hard inquiry, no new accounts. It's like I don't even have the card.

 

I've seen that Comenity has been having issues the past few months in general with their servers. Has anyone else experienced this? Know how to get them to report?

I contacted Customer Support and after almost a week they responded saying they have been having technical issues during an upgrade and are working to start reporting again (no timeline given).


@undefined  Yeah they have been having TROUBLES for a ridicuously long time. Many people are still waiting for updates since June 2022 and it's about to be NOV in another week. SMH

 

Everytime I check my Comenity account it says Last Update June 11th 2022.

 

Saw one member said they got an update finally this month but that's the only one I have read about.

Message 2 of 7
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus

Been waiting since June also for my Overstock card to update. I've called twice and both times I was told it should be rectified in a couple weeks. I emailed on 10/11 after it had been 6 weeks and nothing. This morning (13 days later) I finally got a reply:

 

I am with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your credit card account. I'm here to help with your account needs. Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for any inconvenience you'veexperienced. I can appreciate your credit report is important to you. Because of a recent system upgrade, we have chosen not to report account updates to credit bureaus at this time. Rest assured, this is our top priority. We expect to provide an update to the credit reporting agencies within two billing cycles.


CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 3 of 7
Waldemar
New Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus

Same issue here. I opened my account on June 5, 2022, as it has yet to hit any of my credit reports. In September, I sent them a message, and I was told…

 

"I understand your concern. We planned a system update and are still experiencing issues that impacted our ability to serve our customers in all channels, including credit reporting. I apologize for the inconvenience this disruption has caused. We are continuing to work to restore additional services as quickly as possible. Again, my apologies. Thank you!"

 

Today I just got off the phone, and apparently, they will start reporting to the credit bureaus by the end of this month. The reason they didn't was due to the server issue and not wanting to report incorrect information, such as late payments on customers' accounts, is what she told me.

 

So hopefully, we should see it corrected soon and back-dated to the account's opening date.

Credit Cards

Ally Platinum MC: $4,300 | Amazon Prime Store Card: $3,100 | Apple Card MC: $2,750 | BCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $15,000 | BCU Travel Rewards Visa Signature: $10,000 | Bread Cashback Amex: $10,500 | Capital One Kohls Visa Signature: $3,300 | Capital One Quicksilver WEMC: $3,000 | Capital One SavorOne WEMC: $10,000 | Capital One VentureOne WEMC: $3,100 | Capital One Walmart Rewards MC: $1,250 | Express Credit Card: $3,150 | Famous Footwear Credit Card: $650 | FNBO Platinum Visa: $650 | Helzberg Diamonds Card: $3,000 | IKEA Projekt Credit Card: $6,100 | PayPal Cashback WMC: $10,000 | Suncoast Rewards Platinum Visa: $10,000 | Target RedCard: $1,200 | Toyota Rewards Credit Card: $8,000 | Toyota Rewards Visa Signature: $6,000 | Truist Enjoy Cash Visa Signature: $5,000 | US Bank Cash+ Secured Visa: $500 | US Bank Platinum Secured Visa: $500

Lines of Credit

BCU Unsecured LOC 5k | PenFed OD LOC 300

Auto Loan (Reaffirmed)

Navy Federal Auto 7,100 remaining out of 21k

Rebuilding since June 28 2021.
Message 4 of 7
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus


@Waldemar wrote:

Same issue here. I opened my account on June 5, 2022, as it has yet to hit any of my credit reports. In September, I sent them a message, and I was told…

 

"I understand your concern. We planned a system update and are still experiencing issues that impacted our ability to serve our customers in all channels, including credit reporting. I apologize for the inconvenience this disruption has caused. We are continuing to work to restore additional services as quickly as possible. Again, my apologies. Thank you!"

 

Today I just got off the phone, and apparently, they will start reporting to the credit bureaus by the end of this month. The reason they didn't was due to the server issue and not wanting to report incorrect information, such as late payments on customers' accounts, is what she told me.

 

So hopefully, we should see it corrected soon and back-dated to the account's opening date.


@WaldemarI actually lol when I saw the statement "Today I just got off the phone, and apparently, they will start reporting to the credit bureaus by the end of this month."

 

I have seen far too many similar statements for the last several months. Comenity's problem has been ongoing for so long it has passed the realm of seriousness. Along with the BY The end of THIS month and We Will start reporting in 2 Billing cycles statements they have been issuing out  via phone and emails the credibility has been seriously eroded.

 

rubbish.gif

Whatever the difficulty has been it definitely has been on a massive scale and going into 6 Months/Half a year theres really no viable expectations currently when the issue will be resolved. We just have to wait until that magical day finally comes and not dwell on it.

 

Hopefully the issue is not impacting too many people and if it is they may have to try other measures to clear up their particular circumstances.

Message 5 of 7
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus

@undefined you should take advantge of that you can put more spend out that card and not have to worry about utilization reporting 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity Bread Cashback Card not reporting to Credit Bureaus


@kberly69 wrote:

Been waiting since June also for my Overstock card to update. I've called twice and both times I was told it should be rectified in a couple weeks. I emailed on 10/11 after it had been 6 weeks and nothing. This morning (13 days later) I finally got a reply:

 

I am with Comenity Capital Bank, which handles your credit card account. I'm here to help with your account needs. Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for any inconvenience you'veexperienced. I can appreciate your credit report is important to you. Because of a recent system upgrade, we have chosen not to report account updates to credit bureaus at this time. Rest assured, this is our top priority. We expect to provide an update to the credit reporting agencies within two billing cycles.


That's fine if they're not choosing to report at this time or whatever, but what they *are* currently reporting is inaccurate for MANY customers. That's illegal. 


Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:




Current FICO 8 scores:


Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.