Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compared to Transunion, Experian is pokey

tag
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Compared to Transunion, Experian is pokey

Filed a dispute with Transunion and Experian on 3/02/21. The dispute request was to remove a closed AU Amex card. 

Transunion removed the trade line almost immediately, notifying me via email.  

Experian has been sending me emails weekly letting me know they're still working on my dispute. Then they want to know how likely I am to recommend Experian. Lol.

The dispute requests were identical on both CRAs. I didn't dispute Equifax because the AU card wasn't reported there.

Dispute was for an Amex card I regretted being added as an AU when I learned that Amex no longer back dates AU cards. So I asked Amex to remove me as an AU which they did. I hoped the trade line would no longer report but instead it just reported as closed so my AAoA and AOYA were still affected by the closed Amex card. 

Anyway, wording on disputes with both CRAs was identical but for some reason Experian is unable to do this without manual review apparently. At this point Im guessing it will just fall off after the March 31 date they show as their internal deadline for this dispute resolution. 

In the long run the dispute is moot as I opened my dadburned BBVA card this month (very happy with that one!) which affected my AAOA anyway!  

Does this make me  MyFICOer in good standing?  🤣

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: Compared to Transunion, Experian is pokey

Couldn't agree more. EX has you jumping all kinds of hoops just because. Like when I go to unfreeze my CR with them, even if I have all the necessary number keys, it's still not a simple matter, yet with TU, I merely have to login and procced to do what I need to do. PREACH @KatSoDak PREACH! 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 2 of 4
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Well, Experian managed to complete the dispute within 30 days which surprised me, but they did not make me happy!  Goofy outfit.

Today (3/24) they said the dispute was completed.  The information I disputed has been verified as accurate; however, information unrelated to my dispute has been updated.  Guess what has been updated??!!  Only one thing!! There is no longer a credit limit. Of course not since Amex cancelled the AU card.

I went to annualcreditreport.com and  pulled my report and saw:

Responsibility: Authorized User,

Credit limit: -

But unlike all the other tradelines which show Status Reported: March 2021, this Amex card says Status Reported: Feb 2021.  Oh and the payment history ends in February whereas my other open tradelines all have green in March too.  

Since Amex will no longer report to Experian I'm guessing this is what the tradeline will look like from now on.  I mean what would change?

I'm just typing this update for those who like to torture themselves by reading.  Haha.  

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah TU is lightning fast with the disputes. EX and EQ are not so pleasant. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.