Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Experian to Protest Fico Score

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Contact Experian to Protest Fico Score

I just sent Experian an email to their corporate office. As consumers we do have the right to know why they no longer will do business with Fair Isaac. So I would encourage each member to write them at the below listed address. In addiiton I would like to here from the myfico team what they were told by Experian to why business relations have been called off.

Experian
475 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-7037

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Contact Experian to Protest Fico Score

@CreditBob wrote:

I just sent Experian an email to their corporate office. As consumers we do have the right to know why they no longer will do business with Fair Isaac. So I would encourage each member to write them at the below listed address. In addiiton I would like to here from the myfico team what they were told by Experian to why business relations have been called off.

Experian
475 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-7037

What business relations?

Message 2 of 18
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Before a year & a half ago or so all of us members were able to pull a Experian credit report & fico score. At that time they had business relations with myfico. For the last 18 months none of us can even see our fico score specifically for Experian unless we have a lender do it.

Message 3 of 18
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

This is a Quote from Experian's Site.

"Experian believes that consumers should regularly review their credit report and understand their creditworthiness including their credit score. In fact, Experian is the largest provider of credit reports and scores directly to consumers. We think transparency is important, and the more consumers understand about the lending process, the better informed they are when making credit decisions.

Experian’s recent negotiations to renew the master contract with Fair Isaac, which governs the sale of FICO scores by Experian to its clients, included discussions about Experian’s continued participation in myFICO. In the current master agreement between the companies, Fair Isaac (FICO) prohibits Experian from providing FICO scores directly to consumers, and it is a point in the contract that we would have liked to change.

Experian made every good faith effort to negotiate business terms that would be fair to both companies. However, Fair Isaac insisted on unreasonable terms and demands which they knew Experian could not accept, and damaged further the partnership between Experian and FICO. They then very quickly implied to the public that it was entirely an Experian decision. By not negotiating in good faith and knowingly insisting on unreasonable demands, Fair Isaac is ultimately responsible for Experian not providing its data to myFICO.com."

Myfico needs to renegotiate with EX that would be great if they could bring it back!!!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't they still make it possible to pull their score from their website? I don't think myFico is entirely to blame. If Experian doesnt like myFico why not show your true experian score on their website as opposed to the plus score?

Message 5 of 18
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Thanks for the information. I also sent Experian a message on Facebook. So I think if all of us send a message then I feel we just might have a chance. Both  Fair Isaac as well as Experian are losing money because of the issues. I hope that they can work things out. What is interesting is what has been different with business relations with Transunion & Equifax????

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditBob wrote:

Thanks for the information. I also sent Experian a message on Facebook. So I think if all of us send a message then I feel we just might have a chance. Both  Fair Isaac as well as Experian are losing money because of the issues. I hope that they can work things out. What is interesting is what has been different with business relations with Transunion & Equifax????

That's what has led me to believe that Experian's claim that myFico is making unfair terms in kind of shaky. Their terms (assuming they're relative to each other) were not unfair according to TU and EQ accepting them.

Message 7 of 18
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Couldn't they still make it possible to pull their score from their website? I don't think myFico is entirely to blame. If Experian doesnt like myFico why not show your true experian score on their website as opposed to the plus score?

Experian maintains the database of the account information. FICO licenses the scoring algorithm to generate a FICO score from the data. It takes the cooperation of both entities to generate a FICO score. Experian can use alternative algorithms which are available to generate a Plus score or whatever the provider would like to call it.

The FICO score and cooperation between the two is still available to lenders, just not directly to the consumer.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok understood. Oh and BTW HoldingOntoHope how accurate have you personally found Quizzle to be (I noticed it in your siggy).. I have a much higher score on there than I had when I pulled via AMEX about a month ago but I know my credit has been improving but I'm not sure if a 40 point jump is realistic. 

Message 9 of 18
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

I was looking for info on myfico about the matter and only found general things about it. I wanted to post myficos side but not enough info to really post anything.

It makes me wonder if it was a he wants she wants sort of thing;

"EX: These are the terms we want...." 

"Myfico: No. How about...." 

"EX: No.

"Myfico: How about...."

"EX: No. 

"Myfico: Okay How about....

"EX: NO!!. And I don't want to play anymore

Who really knows....

I do question that too. Why wouldn't they allow you to buy your own fico....? hmm something tells me that they want you to spend money on their scoring model with the hopes that companies will start using their model like they use Fico. That's the only thing that comes to mind that would make sense.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.