Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Info

tag
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

Contact Info

I have 3 CA's on my CR. How do I contact the CA if there is no contact info? One doesn't list anything whatsover, just the amount I owe. The other two do list the OC but no contact info.

02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Contact Info

Where did you pull your reports from?  3rd party reports tend to have less information.

Get a free one from each CRA, once a year at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp  These reports generally contain more detailed information.

Message 2 of 5
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Where did you pull your reports from?  3rd party reports tend to have less information.

Get a free one from each CRA, once a year at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp  These reports generally contain more detailed information.

I bought the reports here on My Fico.! So if I go to the website you mentioned, then I should get more information then?

02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you go onto annualcreditreport.com, dont bite on their offers for credit scores.  Just get your credit reports from each CRA,

This is NOT a commercial site.  It is the site set up by the three CRAs to provide you your one free annual credit report, mandated by the FCRA.

It is FAR superior to any commercial credit report you will get. 

A CA is REQUIRED, when reporting a collection, to provide their correspondence address, and the FCRA permits you to rely on that reported address.

It is in your credit file. You just need a good CR to feret it out.

Additionally, FDCPA 809(a) requried them to have sent you a collection (dunning) notice within five days of intial communication with you, which included posting to your CR,  That notice must have provided you notice of procedure for DV to them, which necessarily included their corresponsence address.  Did they send you a collection notice?

There really is no legal reason why you, as the consumer, should not have the official correspondence address of a CA,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.