Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credco

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Re: Credco

I will defintiely report back my dispute findings.  Thanks Rev, my equifax report in fact does say CREDO inquiry specifically.  

Message 11 of 15
babbles
Established Contributor

Hello again, just a quick follow up.  Talked with EQ finally because my online dispute is showing an estimated completion date that has passed by in Feb.  Eq  says just to contact the company  directly which I will do now after I take another replies suggestion to pull a report directly from eq.  Coincidentally, the guy who I was talking to was Filipina, no problem but he was in the phillipines??  I thought they were out of Atlanta??

update:  talked with CREDO in san diego and they say there was no way of pulling my credit if I didn't authorize it.  I am back tracking through the dealer to see if they ran my credit but my wife confirms, no info went on the app concerning me.

Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@babbles wrote:

Hello again, just a quick follow up.  Talked with EQ finally because my online dispute is showing an estimated completion date that has passed by in Feb.  Eq  says just to contact the company  directly which I will do now after I take another replies suggestion to pull a report directly from eq.  Coincidentally, the guy who I was talking to was Filipina, no problem but he was in the phillipines??  I thought they were out of Atlanta??

update:  talked with CREDO in san diego and they say there was no way of pulling my credit if I didn't authorize it.  I am back tracking through the dealer to see if they ran my credit but my wife confirms, no info went on the app concerning me.

Heh, Manilla is a popular outsourcing destination for all sorts of call centers.  Had dinner with one Fillipina lady while in Singapore and we carried on a lively conversation in English and she suggested that was par for the course for many people... sort of knew this based on company's behaviors, but it's another thing entirely talking to someone with first hand experience in a culture.

Your whole situation is seriously confusing as I don't know where in the chain your info would've landed there unless your wife provided it somehow.  Granted you can probably make a pull based less than a SSN (actually common promotional marketing) and some dealers will run credit with any remotely plausible reason, but why if you weren't going to wind up on the loan anyway even as a cosigner?  Just wierd.

        
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly off topic but you can out source calls for well educated English speaking Phillipinos (sp?) for almost nothing.  My daughter runs all the call centers for Fortune 500 co.  She has a center there and I want to say the top pay for the manager  were  $1/hour but i can't say for sure. 

Message 14 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Slightly off topic but you can out source calls for well educated English speaking Phillipinos (sp?) for almost nothing.  My daughter runs all the call centers for Fortune 500 co.  She has a center there and I want to say the top pay for the manager  were  $1/hour but i can't say for sure. 

Could well be right.  My own salary would drop by a factor of 8 or more in Thailand when you factor in the exchange rate (assuming I wasn't working for a foreign company as a transplant heh) and I would assume it's cheaper in the Phillipines for labor than Thailand.

Life would be cheaper there but not that much cheaper.

        
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.