Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquiry from CU

tag
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Credit Inquiry from CU

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some guidance on a recent issue I have with a CU pulling my credit report.  I wanted to open a new account with a CU that is offered via my job.  I attempted to do the online application back on 09/03/10 and after inputting my information and hitting the send button it gave me an error message stating that the system was unavailable, and to try again or give them a call.  I let it go (I had just returned to work from maternity leave so was pretty busy).  Any ways, I decided to try the application online again and see if it worked last Friday.  Well after doing the same thing it gave me the same error message.  What I did then was call t hem, and a rep told me oh we are having some issues I can fax you the application. 

Well, after I had come home I got a credit alert of new inquiries.  At first I didn't think much of it since I had just opened three new credit cards.  I logged in and reviewed it and there it was 2 inquiries from the CU!!!! I was so upset, especially because now my inquiries look extreme!  I called the CU yesterday and of course no help and said that is not our doing its the website.... I could go on about the argument I had with her, but my question is can I have them removed?  If it is a problem with their website, how can they possibly still do the inquiries without opening an account?  The rep said we don't have anything on you just your name, which was just dumb since how can they not have anything yet you pulled my credit report!

I talk to another co-worker and they had done the same thing to her!  So what would be the best way to pursue this to have them inquiries removed, since it is obviously an error.  Finally, I will not be opening an account at this CU.  It is scary to think they cannot get their act together with their website do not want my money there either! 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Inquiry from CU

This needs to be done by the CU. It's not uncommon to have multiple pulls on apps that didn't go through.

You need to call back (or go in person, if there's a local branch) and speak to a supervisor. Keep going up if necessary.

And I wouldn't tell them that you won't be doing business with them. I'd say something along the lines of, I'm strongly reconsidering doing business with you if you can't fix a simple problem like this. Smiley Wink

There might well be someone there who understands the concept of "service recovery."

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input, I figured I wouldn't be able to dispute it directly with Equifax.  I looked online and it would not give me the option to dispute, instead gave me the option to write them a letter.

This CU or their branches are no where near me, but can definitely continue to call them.  I will try again today. 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI I am new to all this. Can someone tell me some of the abbreviations - ex CU?

thank you

Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Common Abreviations (Thanks Barry!)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458#U88458

CU=Credit Union

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRAs dont get into disputes over inquiries.  When a party makes a request to a CRA for your credit report, all they have to do is to self-certify the permissible reason for their inquiry.  Then the CRA provides  your CR to them.  The CRA has no way to investigate or challenge that. YOu must go back to the creditor who made the inquiry.

As a matter of fact, the new rules for the direct dispute process specifically and explicitly excludes inquiries from any dispute.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.