Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Transrisk vs. Vantage

tag
mschang
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma Transrisk vs. Vantage

i know they're both FAKOs and have different scoring algorithms, but my transrisk score has been level with one modest jump (11pts) last week while my vantage score has been steadily increasing (total of 50 points in july).

i know the scales are different too but i just thought they would generally move in sync. and the timing of the transrisk jump was also weeks after TU deleted some baddies.

any technical geniuses figure out what these scores prioritize that would cause this?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Transrisk vs. Vantage

I believe it was because Saturn moved into the Pisces constellation while the moon was waning! Seriously, it is difficult enough to try and figure what affects my FICO score with so many your mileage may vary variables without having to worry about how my FAKO scores are going to react or why they do.

Edit to add: To OP and others - This reply was not intended to come off as snarky or sarcastic and I apologize in advance to any who are offended.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Eh, I stopped trusting CK today, my WF and paypal smart connect started reporting on TU and when I updated CK, my vantage score jumped like 110 points (to 737) and my Transrisk score jumped from 538 to 657. Just doesn't seem likely to jump over 100 points to me Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 15
Cranski
Valued Member

The numbers are useless but the alerts are usefull. Such notices as score change, HP notices, and any change in insurance risk evaluation. Not the amounts just the notice of change.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 4 of 15
mschang
Regular Contributor

yes i do like the charts so CK is definitely useful.

not quite related to the original topic but i noticed an increae in my FAKO when a 2-year old inquiry fell of so CK FAKOs may include two years of inquiries instead of one.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 5 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@mschang wrote:

yes i do like the charts so CK is definitely useful.

not quite related to the original topic but i noticed an increae in my FAKO when a 2-year old inquiry fell of so CK FAKOs may include two years of inquiries instead of one.

Yep, most FAKOs have different scoring for inquiries, utilization, AAoA, etc....than FICO, so they can't be correlated at all.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

VantageScore is actually based on FICO. Introduced by EQ, EX, and TU, Vantage score is used by some lenders (Chase is one of them).

Message 7 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Chase does use VS for some approvals, but they don't appear to use it consistently or exclusively for any products.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Bah, if chase uses vantage id be thrilled. My vantage on ck is in the low-mid 700s
Message 9 of 15
lithium78
Established Contributor

Credit Karma is useless.  My Walmart TU score jumped about 40 points when some baddies were removed, but Credit Karma hasn't changed in months.  You can't trust FAKOs at all.  My Credit Sesame account is reporting twice the amount of my student loans;  I checked my Experian report from their website and they have the information correct, so it's just Credit Sesame being stupid.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.