cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma showing Express Card removed. Error?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma showing Express Card removed. Error?

my credit karma (equifax) is showing that my Express card is no longer reporting.   Logged into my express card and i was able to,  showing my available balance.  anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Karma showing Express Card removed. Error?

For some people EQ has been removing accounts from their reports. There seems to be no rhyme or reason with this and a simple search of the forums show you're not the only one with this issue. I know a few people get missing cards/accounts to reappear but don't know if this is something they take a proactive approach to or just simply just waiting it out. Hopefully someone with similar issues can chime in on this.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my credit karma (equifax) is showing that my Express card is no longer reporting.   Logged into my express card and i was able to,  showing my available balance.  anyone else have this issue?

Strictly speaking, when a creditor stops reporting an account, all that means is that the "Date Last Reported" field will get further and further into the past, but the record still appears on the report, based on whatever data was there the last time.  It's not uncommon for a creditor to stop reporting an account after the creditor has reported it closed -- for example.

You may mean something stronger, which is that the account appears to have been completely deleted from your report.  Is that right?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

For some people EQ has been removing accounts from their reports. There seems to be no rhyme or reason with this and a simple search of the forums show you're not the only one with this issue. I know a few people get missing cards/accounts to reappear but don't know if this is something they take a proactive approach to or just simply just waiting it out. Hopefully someone with similar issues can chime in on this.

EQ went through a similar weird patch a couple years ago where crazy stuff was happening in their databases.  Contributor SouthJamaica had something like four closed accounts arbitraily deleted by EQ.  They had been closed in good standing several months before -- and presto, they just vanished one day.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thru credit karma .  under equifaxs credit changes.  it shows account removed.(express)   but when i click on credit usage , i see my express card there and it shows open.    it dropped my score 3 points.  and my express card seems to be active still.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click on accounts under report and Express is still showing there as open, the account is not deleted, it's just CK's software glitch. If this is the case, the 3 point loss came from somewhere else, perhaps increase in CC balance which often causes small VS fluctuations.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.