Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reporting

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Credit Reporting

I have a Best Buy Visa that appears on all my credit reports besides TU and I also have my mortgage which appears on all credit reports besides EQ. How do I go about fixing this information? 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Reporting

You can try contacting each issuer and requesting they report to the bureaus on which they do not appear -- explain that the account appears on x and y bureau but not on z. .   That's really your only option.   When I had this issue with a USAA account,  I ended up having to file a "dispute" through their credit reporting dispute department and it was resolved in a bit less than 2 weeks.    Reach out to each issuer and ask with whom you need to speak regarding credit reporting issues. 

I'm pretty sure Best Buy visa reports to all three (though I could be wrong) -- if you can confirm this is so, getting them to finally appear shouldn't be very difficult.  You may need to check with your mortgage company to confirm they do, indeed, report to all 3 --- some lenders choose to only report to certain bureaus for whatever reason(s).  

Good Luck!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 5
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Are they both relatively new?  Best buy reports to all 3.  However it tends to report late with TU. They also have will go as long as 3 months before updating the reporting, which is annoying!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 3 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

My only late over the past 20 years as with Sears in 2013.  They report to all bureaus---but they only reported my late to TransUnion.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 4 of 5
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@NimbusIII wrote:

Are they both relatively new?  Best buy reports to all 3.  However it tends to report late with TU. They also have will go as long as 3 months before updating the reporting, which is annoying!

Best Buy VISA 11/2016

BOA MORTGAGE 10/2019

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.