Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Go Up Pretty Nicely

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

I was checking my Credit Karma Vantage scores today and noticed my credit score went up 14 points.

The thing is a check payment I was expecting got delayed due to all the craziness going on right now due to the Coronavirus situation that I was going to use on some of my accounts. Since I didn't get the funds a few accounts went in higher that I planned.

The surprising thing was my score jumped up 14 points. Yes it is Vantage but everytime my Vantage goes up or down so does my Fico just not as much.

No other changes but the ones shown in the attached image.

I have to wait another 4 days before I see what my Fico did.

One thing I can surmise is the Credit Bureaus like it when you go in debt Smiley Happy

credit-karma-increase.JPG

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

One thing I can surmise is the Credit Bureaus like it when you go in debt Smiley Happy

No they don't.  They like it when you use credit responsibly . As you stated,  this is Vantage scoring.  I wouldn't expect similar results with Fico.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

The corona virus has nothing to do with this 😒

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sorry. Celebrating a score rise due to a killer isnt amusing.

Message 4 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Sorry. Celebrating a score rise due to a killer isnt amusing.

+1

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Score Go Up Pretty Nicely

@Iusedtolurk   I've edited your title (and subsequent quotes), so those who are losing their jobs, savings, risking their lives dont have to see COVID-19 celebration because it increased Vantage score

While that may not have been your intention, end result is the same

We're living in very difficult times, so please be more sensitive to what a lot of people are going through 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.