Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score very low

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score very low

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of alot of advice.I've been very bad using credit when i was younger and made alot of poor choices as many. Mytransunion score is a 531, but my equifax was a whopping 491. I was horrified. I've made the choice to better my credit and have been stalking this forum for a while. I've sent pdf's and recieved my 1st letter back yesterday that was denied. However, i have applied and recieved to secured cards for assistance. the first from capital one, and the next from my credit union. I'm looking to increase my capital on to 1000 by the 1st of november. Trying to take a leep of faith to increase my scores. The student loans on my report is killing me along with a repossession, and allot of late payments on my home when my husband oassed of a master heart attack 4 months after closing. My loan was transfered to another lender, the worked with me on deferments, and i haven't been a day late since. That's been almost a year. I make a decent pay, but still struggle from here to there. I just want a better score to help better the quality of living for me and my family. Any and all suggestions and questions will be gladly appreciated.

‎10-22-2014 07:28 AM

Oh, i forgot to mention that i have had 2 collections, and 1 hard inqury moved in the past 2 weeks. I'm just wondering will that alone help boost me. My first due date dor capital 1 is today, but havent had a payment due yet. I'm keeping this card at 8% utl. My allsouth cc due date isn't until the 1st. So capital one will be due nov 22nd, but i plan to pay it tommorow if i see it and allsouth will be December 1st, but i'm keeping that one at a 0 balance. Does this sound like i'm heading in the right direction? Theres one collection of $106 that was a radiology bill that i never recieved. I plan to call the colection company today to see if they will delete if i pay in full. How should i best address this?

Thanks in advance,

msmoet

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score very low

That is a tough situation but definitely keep at it with your derogs (best addressed in the Rebuilding subforum).  You definitely want to continue to build postive payment history but you may not see a whole lot of improvement until the dergos are removed, age or fall off.  If you've paid anything don't overlook goodwill letters as well.  This is going to be a long process but don't give up even if progress seems slow or nonexistent.

Message 2 of 6
Berk
Established Contributor

I trashed my credit in my early 30s and it took me almost 17 years to get where I am now. It will be a long road that is best walked with a lot of patience. I used cash for everything until all the derogs fell off. Then I started with a secured credit card and a Capital One card with a $750.00 CL. That was back in February of 2007. I got a pre-approval offer from Discover in 2009 and I was off and running.

Be patient and keep your head up. Eventually you will get where you want to be.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am being very patient and i know that this will take time. My goall is to at leat be in the 600's by this time next year. Thanks for the advice

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That has been a long time, but i understand. I've sent pdf's, a few goodwill's, and a cpl veriy's hoping to hear more back soon.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, i forgot to mention that i have had 2 collections, and 1 hard inqury moved in the past 2 weeks. I'm just wondering will that alone help boost me. My first due date dor capital 1 is today, but havent had a payment due yet. I'm keeping this card at 8% utl. My allsouth cc due date isn't until the 1st. So capital one will be due nov 22nd, but i plan to pay it tommorow if i see it and allsouth will be December 1st, but i'm keeping that one at a 0 balance. Does this sound like i'm heading in the right direction? Theres one collection of $106 that was a radiology bill that i never recieved. I plan to call the colection company today to see if they will delete if i pay in full. How should i best address this?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.