Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Simulator

tag
timshifty
Valued Member

Credit Simulator

I am curious if there is a way for me to get access to the programs mortgage lenders use to simulate your credit scores

I know there are many credit simulators out there but none have the ability to do what my lender does with my credit report/scores

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Simulator

I have never heard of a mortgage lender attempting to "simulate" what your FICO score would be in order to qualify you for a loan. I do know that typically they pull all three bureaus, they use a specific FICO score I wanna say 5 and then your rate is usually based on the middle score of all three. 

Am I misunderstanding your objective?

Message 2 of 5
timshifty
Valued Member

I am currently trying to get a mortgage and he says he uses a program called the "what if" simulator where he inputs my credit and he can do things like if I pay this off or if I do this or that my new score would be X amount

So I can get my score where it needs to be

Message 3 of 5
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@timshifty wrote:

I am currently trying to get a mortgage and he says he uses a program called the "what if" simulator where he inputs my credit and he can do things like if I pay this off or if I do this or that my new score would be X amount

So I can get my score where it needs to be

There are many simulators out there, including on sites like Credit Karma, Wallet Hub, et al. We have no idea if his 'what if' simulator actually comes from one of those sites, or it's a legitimate program available to lenders/financial institutions, or what, but you can try the simulators mentioned above. Just be forewarned that they're not necessarily accurate--at all! Smiley Surprised

Some are worse than others, so it's best to look around and try a few to see which looks best for your needs. Some of them simply have poor programming--for example, if you simulate a credit limit increase, they'll DROP your score (because their faulty programming *assumes* there's a hard pull associated with getting a CLI). There are some that are halfway decent for what they are; just use them with the knowledge that they shouldn't be relied on for accurate results. CK's housing simulator yields results that are LAUGHABLY incorrect! (For me. YMMV.)

Why not ask your lending guy for the name of his 'what if' simulator, and see if it's available to the public?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm assuming you're talking about the "rapid rescore" mortgage lender do when trying to qualify for a mortgage. If so, I don't think that type of software/simulator is publicly available. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.