Re: *Credit Topic * PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks I’m on the phone with customer service right now
Message 11 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Late Payments

@Anonymous  Hi and welcome to the forums 

If you let it go too long, it may get charged off and end up on your CR 

Going back to your original question, CO would hurt. I dont think anyone can tell you how many points, but the best guess would be "a lot"

Then, if it remains unpaid, there will be separate reporting later from collection agency. That, too, will hurt 

Your best bet is to call and see if you can make some kind of payment arrangements so you dont fall behind any more 

Message 12 of 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Glad that you are on the phone with them.  Smiley Happy

Can't say anything about Verizon, but AT&T was very helpful to us when a sister in law did us dirty.  Call and explain yourself and hope for the best!

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 13 of 21
zerofire
Valued Contributor

That is a scheme I have never heard of before. It should be stated that carriers do not give out free phones, ever. You will end up paying for the phone somehow. You need to really consider who your phone goes to in the future. Generally people you know like family are good and certain friends would work if you buy outright(your going to store and they ask for you to buy x for them and hand you the money as well). If you fail to pay the bills the carriers will send you to collections which will demolish credit once it reports. You want to call in and see what can be sorted out because your in one interesting mess.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 21
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I am not sure, but don't these count as 2 accounts each. One account for post-pay phone service, and one installment loan for the phone? I have never purchased a phone this way, but I hear on the financial news all the time this is the reason for the slow down in phone upgrades. The carriers are no longer subsidizing the phones and have introduced installment loans to the offereings.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Cancel service on those phones.

2) Take out a loan on Lending Club or something similar, pay off what you owe on the phones.

3) If possible, Small Claims court the mother**bleep**ers who did this.

4) Pay your loan payments on-time.

That's your step-by-step to get out of the kill-zone.  Trust me you do NOT want collections on your account, they could easily hit your credit for 100 points or more, then good luck trying to get any help from anyone with a score below 500.

Message 16 of 21
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

At any time in this scam did you provide the scammers with your personal information including your SSN?   If you did then you need to freeze your Credit Reports immediately. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 17 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How badly can 2 late phone bill payments affect your credit score, how many points it will drop ?

It's about more than lost points in scores. Late anything will stay on your CRs for 7 years. Now as time goes on, the severity of it lessens but it's not a good look. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud Department

I tried to talk to Verizon about my problem on other topics & i was wondering if i put in a fraud claim and say my wallet was lost with my social in there & unexpectedly received a bill from them saying i owe, But you kno how they be like “ this call is recorded for yadayadayada “ i tried being honest & told them i was a credit mule & asked could they help, but if i lie & put a fraud claim, would they listen to the previous calls & kno I’m lying ? Or is it worth a shot ?
Message 19 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Fraud Department

I have no idea what’s going on here but one thing I do know for sure and that is DON’T FILE A FALSE REPORT OR CLAIM!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.