Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check total

tag
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Credit check total

First off, I apologize in advance if this topic was started previously. I ordered service with CCT 2 weeks ago, I've heard from alot of people that they allow you up to 5 pulls a day for your CR, even customer service told me that it was unlimited. Anyway, I go to try & pull my report several times & it only allows me 1 pull a day. I called back customer service and told them I was informed by 1 of their employees that a person has unlimited pulls or atleast 5 a day & she said no & she can't figure out why someone would tell me that. If anyone is using CCT can you tell me if your getting more than 1 pull per day ? I told the lady I want to cancel & that I can get basically get the same results with Truecredit & at a cheaper price. She tried to talk me into staying but, I told her no & that I wanted the entire $22.95 credited back to my Credit Card. There was no problem with that & she said she just put the credit through for the full amount right away. I was surprised, I was expecting a hassell or atleast her telling me she can't refund the entire amount but, she credited back the entire amount.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Credit check total

@MidnightOwl wrote:

First off, I apologize in advance if this topic was started previously. I ordered service with CCT 2 weeks ago, I've heard from alot of people that they allow you up to 5 pulls a day for your CR, even customer service told me that it was unlimited. Anyway, I go to try & pull my report several times & it only allows me 1 pull a day. I called back customer service and told them I was informed by 1 of their employees that a person has unlimited pulls or atleast 5 a day & she said no & she can't figure out why someone would tell me that. If anyone is using CCT can you tell me if your getting more than 1 pull per day ? I told the lady I want to cancel & that I can get basically get the same results with Truecredit & at a cheaper price. She tried to talk me into staying but, I told her no & that I wanted the entire $22.95 credited back to my Credit Card. There was no problem with that & she said she just put the credit through for the full amount right away. I was surprised, I was expecting a hassell or atleast her telling me she can't refund the entire amount but, she credited back the entire amount.

I don't know of any service that offers more than 1 pull a day.  I would be pointless to pull it 5 times a day, you'd just be getting the same report 5 times.  Not sure who told you that, but they clearly were incorrect. 

Message 2 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

i can't imagine why you would need to pull your reports more than once a day.  they're not going to change from moment to moment.

Message 3 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have CCT  to monitor my accounts.  I happen to like their layout.  They do a good job on updating my accts.  You only get one pull a day, max.  I don't think there is any reason for more than one pull a day.  Even that seems like a lot to me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like my CCT.  One pull per day after initial trial period.  They'll give you half off the monthly fee if you ask for it.

Message 5 of 16
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

I pulled my report with them just to have a look, then applied for amex blue card, after 2 hours I got an alert from them by email that amex pulled my report, so they allowed me to do another pull in the same day, that is more than satisfactory. Hard inquiries are instant so one might wanna have a look at them in the same day, but man you can wait 24 hours!
TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 6 of 16
tray
Valued Contributor

Can anyone say what is the monthly fee for CCT is as I am interested and will cancel my True Credit monitoring service.  Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

tray - it's something like 19.95 per month.  If you call to cancel and note the high cost as the reason, they'll offer you half off.   I pay 9.95 - I'm on my second six month stint with them.  They work fine for me, although some people note some discrepancies.  Check out Ilecs post (below) for more details on his concern with them and details on other CMS's.  If I try to pull a second report the same day, I'll get a message notifying me that I've had my maximum pulls for the day.

Hope that helps.
Message 8 of 16
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

tray - it's something like 19.95 per month.  If you call to cancel and note the high cost as the reason, they'll offer you half off.   I pay 9.95 - I'm on my second six month stint with them.  They work fine for me, although some people note some discrepancies.  Check out Ilecs post (below) for more details on his concern with them and details on other CMS's.  If I try to pull a second report the same day, I'll get a message notifying me that I've had my maximum pulls for the day.

Hope that helps.

I too get CCT for $9.95 for the same reasons, and done in the same way, as recommended by beamMEup. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightOwl wrote:

First off, I apologize in advance if this topic was started previously. I ordered service with CCT 2 weeks ago, I've heard from alot of people that they allow you up to 5 pulls a day for your CR, even customer service told me that it was unlimited.

a)  Please name the people and/or websitse who told you that you could get up to five pulls a day on your credit report through credit check total, in 2010.  If it's that big of a problem, then perhaps some of us can go to the offending sites and correct the misinformation, so that others are not put in the same position as you.

b)  As of this weekend, Credit Check Total soft inquiries may no longer work towards the type of credit management which being able to pull five times a day is meant to assist with.  At least in regards to Transunion.  More information on this is being gathered by fellow consumers.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.