Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit.com makes me laugh.

tag
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

Credit.com makes me laugh.

I pay for all of my scores via Experian.com but I also have logins to both Equifax and TU and I know what's on my credit report. I've never understood these 'sites' that use Vantage 3.0 or give a snapshot that is less than complete.

I'm still mid-range 700's according to Experian (I just refreshed my scores), but Credit.com says I'm in the bottom 24% of the U.S. and that I only sit at 644, even though it recognizes I have 'zero credit card debt' and 'no missed payments'. 

I feel bad for someone using Credit.com for 'real' information when I feel this site is severely lacking.

Thoughts?

Gardening until 2023. Current scores (11/2022): Ex: 757 Eq: 757 Tu: 757
CLs: (As of 12/2022)
First Tech World Mastercard: $10k
American Express: $1K
AAdvantage: $2.8K
Wells Fargo Platinum: $4.6K
Discover It (blue): $4.5K
Discover It (red): $4.5K
~6 other cards with limits under $2K
Auth'd user on 1 Capital One card.
All balances stay under 5%.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit.com makes me laugh.

My Vantage 3 scores tanked after 3 new cards were registered on those bureaus like -30 whereas Fico, only -4. 2 more to go though 😅

Message 2 of 11
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Vantage 3 scores tanked after 3 new cards were registered on those bureaus like -30 whereas Fico, only -4. 2 more to go though 😅

Honestly, there's no advantage to using the Vantage scores imho. 

Congrats and good luck on the cards you have gotten and are shooting for!

Message 3 of 11
PNWRambler
Frequent Contributor

CreditKarma is the same way.  These sites are guessing, and usually do a poor job of it.  But I do find it a useful tool just due to the breakdowns of all my accounts ages, utilization percentages, etc... I just don't trust the estimated credit scores. 

Message 4 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Dont rack your brain around these Vantage sites. You got access to FICO and go by those numbers. Vantage I've lacked 20-30 pts since BK. I dont put anything into it. Good for alerts and thats bout it.

Message 5 of 11
MrFiah
New Contributor

I laugh at paying for all 3 bureaus from Experian.  TU and Equifax are updated monthly, unless you pay more for a refresh.  You can also get a new free trial every month as well so it makes no sense at all to pay for Experian's "extra" 2 bureaus.  

If I was going to pay for either credit.com or Experian, it would definitely be credit.com.  On credit.com, you get 28 FICO scores, Experian only provides the FICO 8's of TU and Equifax.

Message 6 of 11
House1204
Regular Contributor

Credit.com gives fico scores. 

Message 7 of 11
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

@MrFiah wrote:

I laugh at paying for all 3 bureaus from Experian.  TU and Equifax are updated monthly, unless you pay more for a refresh.  You can also get a new free trial every month as well so it makes no sense at all to pay for Experian's "extra" 2 bureaus.  

If I was going to pay for either credit.com or Experian, it would definitely be credit.com.  On credit.com, you get 28 FICO scores, Experian only provides the FICO 8's of TU and Equifax.

It's an incomplete picture, though. I just sign into each - Experian, TU, Equifax.com - and see everything there. Even though Credit.com does use Fico scoring there is a lot missing from the report(s) they provide.

Message 8 of 11
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

@House1204 wrote:

Credit.com gives fico scores. 

Yes, they do but the report is incomplete. 

Just what I found when I went to Equifax.com/Transunion.com/Experian.com vs. Credit.com

Message 9 of 11
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

What about the credit.com ExtraCredit subscription is incomplete?  I ask because I subscribed to ExtraCredit for about 6 months, and then to myFICO Premier plan; I found there were very few (and basically irrelevant) differences, errr, that is except ExtraCredit costs $15 less per month.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.