Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit.com starting new monitoring product

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Credit.com starting new monitoring product

I just got an email from Credit.com, they are starting a new 3B FICO score product. It will undercut existing ones at $25/mo, and I was offered early access pricing at $5/mo for the first year.

https://www.credit.com/extracredit/ambassadors.html?utm_source=ecambassador&utm_medium=email&utm_cam...

I assume the intro offer is sort of a beta test, the email included this:

*Extra Credit is in the testing and validation phase. Some features may not yet be available. Those features will be available soon.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 1 of 158
157 REPLIES 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit.com starting new monitoring product

That price undercuts MyFICO but not Experian which can be obtained for $19.95 per month if signing up through a mobile app.

So I guess it depends if they report all 28 FICO scores as MyFICO does.  Experian only gives 5 other scores in addition to FICO 8.

Message 2 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

I've been using myFICO periodically, I pay for a month, then pause for 6 months, repeat. As it happens, myFICO just unpaused and I got new scores from it yesterday. I decided to try the $5/month offer, if nothing else it will keep some activity on a card in my SD. 

The agreement was specifically identified as a beta agreement, so they are still in development and test. They do give all 28 FICO scores, I spot checked a few and they match, I'll review in more detail later and explore what they have to offer. At $5/month I'll probably keep it for a while, I really can't justify paying $20 or more just for the full round of scores.

I'll report back if I find any significant differences.

Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Message 3 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlaDude wrote:

I just got an email from Credit.com, they are starting a new 3B FICO score product. It will undercut existing ones at $25/mo, and I was offered early access pricing at $5/mo for the first year.

https://www.credit.com/extracredit/ambassadors.html?utm_source=ecambassador&utm_medium=email&utm_cam...

*Extra Credit is in the testing and validation phase. Some features may not yet be available. Those features will be available soon.

It looks like it's invite only. I tried to click on that link multiple times, I get to the screen with "click here to upgrade" buttons, but nothing happens. Sounds great tho! Hopefully they will open the product to others soon. 

Message 4 of 158
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I got the same beta invite yesterday and signed up. $5??? Why not. All versions of Fico match up so they got that right. There are some discrepancies tho as it stated. 

I have 3 closed CO accounts that show open lol.....I certainly hope not. 

either way, it's a good deal. The rest of the report, minus EQ, all seem to match up and look correct. EQ report and score never populated. I'll keep a close eye on it. There are other options with this new software also, like rent and utility reporting for Fico 9 and cash rewards for score improvements, applying for cards they offer and getting approved, etc. 

looks good, but proceed with caution. 

Message 5 of 158
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

either way, it's a good deal. The rest of the report, minus EQ, all seem to match up and look correct. EQ report and score never populated. I'll keep a close eye on it.  

EQ is not populating for me also, but one of the disclaimers was that some functionality would not be available immediately.

Message 6 of 158
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

Thanks for posting this! Smiley Happy I had the email in my inbox and totally missed it. Signed up, figured for $5 what the heck! Also its good charge for one of my cards that has constant $0 balance to keep it active! So far I like it.

Potential Future Cards
Message 7 of 158
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

I knew I had got an email from credit.com I put into the trash so I went back through the trash and it stated get on the waitlist for extracredit.

Tried the link above and it showed 25 dollars for when the service starts sooo I guess I didn't get the beta for 5$.  Too bad it would have been pretty good for a year.

Message 8 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsurprisingly (I haven't logged in to that site in I don't know how long), I do not have the offer in my inbox or when I log in. It shows me having basic with no information about upgrading when I hit that link. 

For $5 a month, I would have done it. 

Message 9 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlaDude wrote:

Is there any indication how often the 28 FICO scores are updated?

I've already paid $719.10 for the last 18 months of a myFICO Premier subscription. I consider it 'non-discretionary insurance spend' until I am settled into a new home with mortgage.

Over those same 18 months, I have paid $1,011.06 to Adobe for full access to every app they have. I still can't believe it's only a $300 difference.

Message 10 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.