Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report questions

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Credit report questions

I'm self employed would it help at all if I listed my employment information with the CRAs?

When checking one of my credit reports I noticed that there was some comments of mine included in a report where I must have been contesting a fraudulent account. I'm not sure if that was entered by the credit card company or what. It just looks kind of bad in my report since the fraudulent accounts were removed and I was wondering if I can get that erased or is it something that only gets taken out if I dispute it?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

Re: Credit report questions

Can you expand your question? Help with what exactly? As far as credit scores, the answer is NO. Having your employment listed will be helpful I think to validate that is you, in case of another fraudulent thing, but not sure.

As for the fraud, I think that it stays up to five years and preoffers are not sent after the 5 years have passed to prevent any further fraudulent use.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit report questions

@PedrokiPR wrote:

Can you expand your question? Help with what exactly? As far as credit scores, the answer is NO. Having your employment listed will be helpful I think to validate that is you, in case of another fraudulent thing, but not sure.

As for the fraud, I think that it stays up to five years and preoffers are not sent after the 5 years have passed to prevent any further fraudulent use.

I agree there's no benefit to adding your employment info, other than your creditors will be able to see it if they choose.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.