Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report

So i finally got the AU situation resolved and now Sears/Citi bank is reporting to the CRA's .... I logged into credit karma today and Equifax has my oldest account open as 3 years 5 months and AAOA as 1 year 1 month. which is amazing, but can i trust this? also, Transunion does not have Sears.Citibank reporting yet. They still have my oldest account as 4 months ( this is why im still not able to purchase my fico scores and reports from myfico, as you are supposed to have 6 months first....) will transunion change and have the same information? thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit report

@Anonymous wrote:

So i finally got the AU situation resolved and now Sears/Citi bank is reporting to the CRA's .... I logged into credit karma today and Equifax has my oldest account open as 3 years 5 months and AAOA as 1 year 1 month. which is amazing, but can i trust this? also, Transunion does not have Sears.Citibank reporting yet. They still have my oldest account as 4 months ( this is why im still not able to purchase my fico scores and reports from myfico, as you are supposed to have 6 months first....) will transunion change and have the same information? thanks for your help!

Forget CK for AAoA, they only take into account open accounts not closed. TU is always the straggler for me when it comes to getting new info posted, sometimes a full week after the other 2 have updated the info.

Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax has my oldest account open as 3 years 5 months and AAOA as 1 year 1 month. which is amazing, but can i trust this?

Equifax isn't calculating your AAoA.  The average is calculated by CK and, as indicated above, is acutally AAoOA since it only includes open accounts.  The CK site itself indicates this as well:

Your age of credit history is calculated here by averaging the age of each of your open accounts.

AAoA includes both open and closed accounts on your reports.  You can calculate AAoA yourself and compare.  There are online calculators and Excel has date functions that can help with the math.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have any closed accounts. As i said above, im new to credit..... 

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont have any closed accounts. As i said above, im new to credit..... 

Ok, then it would be your AAoA but just remember as you build credit history and you close accounts that it will not be correct. You need 6 months of history to generate a FIco so that would be why you cannot yet get them.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long will it take for transition to catch up?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes it takes a month or two after you use the card for it to report to the CRAs. Sometimes AUs don't report at all. It really depends on the company. 

Message 7 of 8
EW800
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

TU is always the straggler for me when it comes to getting new info posted, sometimes a full week after the other 2 have updated the info.

I'm in the same boat with TU.  They are nearly always the last to update - like you said, up to a full week or so.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.