Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score Question

Hi all!

So, Ive worked very hard on my credit reports the past few years. I go to my experian acct. My TU and EQ scores are 762 and 754 respectively, but my EX I just couldnt get above 690 due to ONE medical bill on there from a long time ago. Anyway, I filed a dispute back in June and it was quickly removed, bumping my score from 690 to 769. That happened on June 30, 2019. Now all my reports are squeaky clean, perfect payment history,  nothing bad etc. I am an AU on my husbands Amex Everyday and I want to apply for one for myself. My question is, will Amex see that 769 score yet or does it take awhile? I dont want to apply and have them see the 690. Util is about 14% across all cards, 130k income and 1, 2 and 3 inq respectively. Just trying to decide when I can apply. I did go to the site and it shows I am pre approved for the platinum, HH, amex everyday, BC everyday and Delta Skymiles. Just curious if i can go ahead and apply or wait longer? Thank you for any and all advice! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit score Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

So, Ive worked very hard on my credit reports the past few years. I go to my experian acct. My TU and EQ scores are 762 and 754 respectively, but my EX I just couldnt get above 690 due to ONE medical bill on there from a long time ago. Anyway, I filed a dispute back in June and it was quickly removed, bumping my score from 690 to 769. That happened on June 30, 2019. Now all my reports are squeaky clean, perfect payment history,  nothing bad etc. I am an AU on my husbands Amex Everyday and I want to apply for one for myself. My question is, will Amex see that 769 score yet or does it take awhile? I dont want to apply and have them see the 690. Util is about 14% across all cards, 130k income and 1, 2 and 3 inq respectively. Just trying to decide when I can apply. I did go to the site and it shows I am pre approved for the platinum, HH, amex everyday, BC everyday and Delta Skymiles. Just curious if i can go ahead and apply or wait longer? Thank you for any and all advice! 

The score will be computed as of the moment they pull your report, so they will be going with the 769. Unless you are already an Amex cardholder, in which case they might be going with a soft pull they have on hand.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If it were me, I would wait until I was absolutely sure it was reporting on my CR. That way, you’re almost assured of a decent SL. Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Im not an Amex cardholder yet, just an AU on my husbands Amex. Im pretty sure it's showing on my CR, that is what is listed as my score when I sign in. Thank god for these forums, Ive learned ALOT but there is alot that is still very confusing to figure out! lol Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah Im not an Amex cardholder yet, just an AU on my husbands Amex. Im pretty sure it's showing on my CR, that is what is listed as my score when I sign in. Thank god for these forums, Ive learned ALOT but there is alot that is still very confusing to figure out! lol Thank you!

So can you log into Amex as you as an AU? I'm not sure it's available to AU accounts, but can you see the Fico score they give? Under account services. If so, then that will be what they use more than likely. I've noticed that mine is usually a month or so behind my actual score on Amex's site. And they will use a cached score if they have one in their system. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah that's the problem, not sure you can check an AU's score on Amex. When i click it gives 669. Thats my score on experian, and husbands score on experian is 772, so it could be his, which im sure it is. My discover shows my fico but that isnt a true fico to my understanding. I like how on discover you can check anyones score but on Amex you cannot. Just the main acct holder. Maybe I should give it just a little more time. Im conflicted! lol

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.