Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score down 14 pts bal transfer

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Credit score down 14 pts bal transfer

I did 3 balance transfers last week. Scores went down as it said account increased by 1475 ans another alert said balance o. One of mt accts i creased by 3200. Bummer. Hope scores go back up
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit score down 14 pts bal transfer

Any month that doesn't include a new account, or inquiry, and your debt lowers with no payments missed will improve your score.

edited: grammar

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 5
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I once did a large BT  but for 2 weeks my scores tanked as the BT amount was reporting on both the accounts.

I went down 30 points....   and then bounced right back.   

But for like two weeks I was like.....please no one soft pull me to check up on me right now....especially AMEX.....pleaseeeeeeee

hahaha...       But it really didnt matter all that much.  I wasn't going for any loans or anything at that time.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup happens to me all the time. The crossfireSmiley Wink. Happens to report both balances and then it looks like you owe twice as much. Stinks but eventually catches upSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fritscher wrote:
I did 3 balance transfers last week. Scores went down as it said account increased by 1475 ans another alert said balance o. One of mt accts i creased by 3200. Bummer. Hope scores go back up

I did a BT myself and my score went down 14pts as well, I mean do I expect my score to go back up? Yes after I pay the balance at the end, but im going to do it again next month, to show the creditor I can pay my payments and large ones....what do you expect your scores not to drop?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.