Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal trial question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCheckTotal trial question

I have the trial for credit check total. Question, I plan on calling to cancel to get it half off for a year.

Since I can not update my experian report every day while im on the trial, once I cancel and opt to be charged the 14.95 a month, is there any way to get the actual program started or no matter what I must wait for the week long trial to end before I am able to get the experian daily updates?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal trial question

The only question I have for you, why do you need to check your EX report everyday as of this point? Are you expecting some changes?

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
The only question I have for you, why do you need to check your EX report everyday as of this point? Are you expecting some changes?

quite a few changes. but no, I don't need to see an update every day, but to have the option if I choose to see an update with score when I want for not much money doesn't hurt imo.

also, I just read that when doing the cancel and opting to keep the service for $15 a month, I'm only able to update all 3 CRs once a month instead of 3 times amonth. is this true?

Message 3 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Yes that is true, they used to have 3 times a month around May of last year (I think) but that changed around Sept of last year and went to once a month.

Try to not to obsess, I know that feeling and right now I have no need to check the scores yet I do and it is hard thing to get away from.
Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm personally surprised at how many people drop $15/mo on CCT when you can only get your 3B scores once per month.  I personally think this is absolute BS and CCT should be ashamed of themselves for only providing 3B scores once monthly.  ESPECIALLY when through the same company you can get your 3B scores 4 TIMES PER MONTH for just 2 bucks by using 2 of their $1 trials per month.  I usually spend $1/mo on CCT to see my scores twice... $2/mo for 2 trials if I'm really expecting a lot to change on my reports and/or I'm looking to apply for credit soon.

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm personally surprised at how many people drop $15/mo on CCT when you can only get your 3B scores once per month.  I personally think this is absolute BS and CCT should be ashamed of themselves for only providing 3B scores once monthly.  ESPECIALLY when through the same company you can get your 3B scores 4 TIMES PER MONTH for just 2 bucks by using 2 of their $1 trials per month.  I usually spend $1/mo on CCT to see my scores twice... $2/mo for 2 trials if I'm really expecting a lot to change on my reports and/or I'm looking to apply for credit soon.

On point. It seems most people would prefer paying $15 instead of $2. Stupid is as stupid does.

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zumroff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

On point. It seems most people would prefer paying $15 instead of $2. Stupid is as stupid does.

So now, not knowing this information makes one stupid? Quite the insult. I appreciate the valuable information that you've added to this thread.

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@zumroff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So now, not knowing this information makes one stupid? Quite the insult. I appreciate the valuable information that you've added to this thread.

The trial trick has been mentioned so many times, i assumed you were aware of it.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've only thought about the site itself for a day or so. I've had CK, so threads related to credit checking websites I hadn't really been much interested in even reading.

I appreciate your apology, but even if I had known about it, to call someone stupid if they choose to not cheat a business doesn't really make them stupid either though. but to each their own.

Trial: a test of the performance, qualities, or suitability of someone or something.

Not really much of a "trial" by your 5th one, is it?

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you choose to be willfully ignorant, then my original comment stands. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.