Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal trial question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal trial question

@zumroff wrote:

If you choose to be willfully ignorant, then my original comment stands. 

Thanks for your input. :-)

Message 11 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty simple.  You can spend $15/mo with CCT and get X, or you can spend $2/mo with CCT and get 4X.

The only reason I can see people opting to go with the $15/mo option is that they feel the signing up/cancelling once or twice per month every month isn't worth the $13-$14 in savings.  Sure it takes about 3-4 minutes each time.  To me, it's well worth the savings to have to do the signup/cancel once or twice a month. 

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's pretty simple.  You can spend $15/mo with CCT and get X, or you can spend $2/mo with CCT and get 4X.

The only reason I can see people opting to go with the $15/mo option is that they feel the signing up/cancelling once or twice per month every month isn't worth the $13-$14 in savings.  Sure it takes about 3-4 minutes each time.  To me, it's well worth the savings to have to do the signup/cancel once or twice a month. 

Makes plenty of sense. How do you cancel with the automated system? First time I called, was on hold 30 minutes waiting for a rep. Decided to hang up and call back to see if I missed the automated way to cancel. couldnt find it. Was on hold for over an hour before I had something else to do and needed to hang up. If it takes me an hour and a half to call and cancel, twice a month at that, I would definitely rather spend 15 dollars a month. How do you get it done in 3-4 minutes?

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you cancel the service and log back in after the two day extension it will tell you that you qualify for another week trial for $1. Why not take advantage of that?
Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You actually log in to get the trial? Not just sign up again from the home page? Also, I never stated that I wouldn't take advantage of that, I was simply not aware until brought to my attention.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes plenty of sense. How do you cancel with the automated system? First time I called, was on hold 30 minutes waiting for a rep. Decided to hang up and call back to see if I missed the automated way to cancel. couldnt find it. Was on hold for over an hour before I had something else to do and needed to hang up. If it takes me an hour and a half to call and cancel, twice a month at that, I would definitely rather spend 15 dollars a month. How do you get it done in 3-4 minutes?

I've only cancelled via the automated system over the phone, never with a live human being.  It's been a month since I've cancelled a trial, although I will be cancelling one this coming Monday so I'll see if the process has changed at all in the last month.

Message 16 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just cancelled and it was automated. Had to provide last 4 digits of SSN, DOB & zip code. The first time I cancelled, I did have to speak to someone.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 38
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Every single I tried, it just wouldnt understand my DOB ( using keyboard as well as using voice). So to cancel every single time I end up with a CSR.
Message 18 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi Darwin_wins

Make sure to use this DOB format:

Example: September 1, 1960 = 09011960;
December 25, 1946 = 12251946

Hope this helps for the next time 😀

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could someone please tell me what options to hit to cancel via automated system? I've cancelled several times now and I think I have their speel memorized now Smiley Happy Thanks! 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.