cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditXpert What If Simulator

CreditXpert What If Simulator

Has anyone had success with the CreditXpert What-if Simulator through privacy guard? I’ve heard it is the system mortgage companies use to help boost scores quickly if needed?
5 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: CreditXpert What If Simulator

Mortgage companies use the FICO scoring models. In regards to a mortgage lender boosting scores, it specifically has to do with balances on revolving accounts, loans, or both. So let's say the credit report is reflecting a high balance on a credit card, but you have paid it down since it reported last. As long as you have approved documentation, can prove it, the mortgage lender will submit what is called a rapid rescue. It takes 2 to 5 days to get the results back. Credit Expert has nothing to do with boosting your score. It is specifically for educational purposes or the what if scenerio.
Message 2 of 6

I guess my question was worded wrong. I am aware it is used to estimate what if scenarios if I pay off a certain ant of debt, etc. I was wondering if this particular simulator is accurate in their estimates. For instance it is estimating a 27 point increase if I pay certain amts on certain cards. I’m curious if in fact people have experienced that the estimates are accurate.
Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

Welcome. Simulators are basically useless. The best simulators are the members here on the forums. If I went by what they say I'd be near 800. With a BK? Not happening. Mortgages go by FICO Mortage Scores which you can get here on MyFICO.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC.
Message 4 of 6
Regular Contributor

I am going through the same process with a mortgage lender now, I am 16 points from a 700. Loan officer ran it through the creditXpert simulator and if I pay down my cards based on creditxpert scenario I should be in the 708 range. So I am paying all of them off and see what happens

WISH LIST
Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

Actually to my experience payoff one credit card and leave a few dollars on the second one.
Message 6 of 6