Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Deposit Question for NFCU

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Direct Deposit Question for NFCU

The e-checking is basically online checking. You can write only 5 paper checks per month. The benefit of e-checking is a rebate of atm fees up to $10 per month.

There isn't a big difference between e-checking and everyday checking, other than the atm rebate.

E-checking is free with either 15 visa check card swipes or a direct deposit per month. I don't use visa debit cards anymore since I now use amex
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 21
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
That would be easy to do revelate except for the fact that my Human resource rep is very rude and I just changed my direct deposit back in Nov last year and had to put up with her attitude. I am a conflict avoider and I don't want to deal with her. If dealing with her is my only option, then I will.

LOL I'm not familar with Human Resources I just yell at my Marines but isn't the Human Resources rep suppose to be like the nice person that listens to everyones problems and stuff?  This is cracking me up!!

Smiley Very Happy

As a Human Resources professional for over 20 years, I cringe when I hear or read of an HR person being rude to employees.  Employees are the reason we are employed! 

Web, can you just turn in your direct deposit stuff directly to your payroll person/department?  In most mid-size to larger companies, payroll departments are separate from HR departments and payroll often handles the setting up of direct deposit banking information, as we HR types sometimes make typos!!  We can't be trusted with those important details!  Smiley Very Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 12 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

It would be nice but unfortunately its the same person. Shes had the job for 15 yrs and plans to retire this yr. I think her main issue is that she has the queen bee syndrome where I'm concerned. I don't have any bosses at my facility; I answer to someone else who is way above her head. Plus I'm only 30. She causes me headaches when I require her to do anything different than what she's done for the last 15 yrs. Its a product of age and control and she has nothing to lose. Hr and payroll is the only way she can passive aggressively make me miserable. The other guys who are supervisors there don't have this issue. The ones who have issues are me and another female supervisor. Plant manager wont really do anything stop the issue.
FICO 9:

Message 13 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

There are only 28 people who work at the plant. I'm in charge of health safety security and environmental management systems. The other female supervisor is in charge of quality management systems and she reports to plant manager and the plant manager is 3 tiers down from the president. I'm only two steps down and I basically have the final say about if the plant is even allowed to operate. The chemicals we produce are especially dangerous; so I have to make sure that employees plus the entire metro area is safe. In some ways that means telling hr how to run their show. Our hr lady doesn't like taking direction from a 30 yr old.
FICO 9:

Message 14 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Update... 

The Wepay.com deposit is showing up as "Pending Direct Deposit"

FICO 9:

Message 15 of 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

FYI, I also have NFCU's e-checking, and the few times I did a transfer from my Paypal balance to my NFCU e-checking account, it shows up as a pending direct deposit before it clears.  The thing is, I don't know if they really means its a direct deposit. I think it shows that way since its an electronic deposit from another bank or source.

Message 16 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@datx

Did you have to pay the monthly fee or did your "direct deposit" from paypal count?
FICO 9:

Message 17 of 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
@Datx

Did you have to pay the monthly fee or did your "direct deposit" from paypal count?

Well, I actually do have direct deposit with my employer set up to my NFCU account, so I can't say that the paypal transactions count. Just stating that even the few paypal transfers I did to NFCU shows up as a "pending direct deposit" even though it really isnt one. Can't say for sure if NFCU considers these type of transfers as a true DD or not.

Message 18 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Datx wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
@Datx

Well, I actually do have direct deposit with my employer set up to my NFCU account, so I can't say that the paypal transactions count. Just stating that even the few paypal transfers I did to NFCU shows up as a "pending direct deposit" even though it really isnt one. Can't say for sure if NFCU considers these type of transfers as a true DD or not.

Thanks for the input.  I'll update my thread once the one month has passed on e-checking... I'll let everyone know if I was charged a monthly maintenance fee or not.

FICO 9:

Message 19 of 21
whyeye
New Visitor

Webhopper, I would like to know what happened with this, did the ACH count as a DD? There is a new promotion that this is relevant to now.
Thank you
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.