Valued Contributor

Discover Credit Scorecard -- Ending June 2022

dsc.png

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Credit Scorecard -- Ending June 2022

Existing primary cardholders retain access, however.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Discover Credit Scorecard Changes

Email received today:

After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire our Credit Scorecard offering for prospective customers on June 6, 2022.*

Primary cardmembers can view their FICO® Score on their statement, Discover.com or the Discover mobile app.**

Primary cardmembers can enroll in free SSN alerts. We’ll monitor the Dark web for your SSN and New Account alerts to know when a new account shows up on your Experian credit report.†

Joint account holders and Authorized Users who enrolled in Discover Credit Scorecard will no longer receive updates.

Message 3 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I was just about to come post this. Got the email a little while ago. Kind of a bummer, but then again I never really log on and check it since I have EX monitoring anyway. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 9
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

I was just about to come post this. Got the email a little while ago. Kind of a bummer, but then again I never really log on and check it since I have EX monitoring anyway. 

It says "prospective customers"--which I take to mean I'm unaffected, since I'm a customer, not a prospective one! If you're already a customer, this shouldn't affect you.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 5 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

It says "prospective customers"--which I take to mean I'm unaffected, since I'm a customer, not a prospective one! If you're already a customer, this shouldn't affect you.

Yea I'm not sure why they refer to it as "prospective customers," because I'm fairly certain I'm anything but a prospective customer since I burned them with a CO about 4 years ago and I know I'm on their naughty list now, possibly for life. Smiley LOL

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 9
joltdude
Senior Contributor

What I *think* they mean is that you will only now get the one score from your Discover account if your a Discover customer....

Iv been using Credit Scorecard to get 2! scores a month, and the one in the discover account was a different CB from the one shown in credit scorecard....

-J

Message 7 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

What I *think* they mean is that you will only now get the one score from your Discover account if your a Discover customer....

Iv been using Credit Scorecard to get 2! scores a month, and the one in the discover account was a different CB from the one shown in credit scorecard....

-J

Right, the cardholder one is a TU8, while the free scorecard one is an EX8. Only the free EX8 for "prospective cardholders" is going away next month. 

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 9
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Credit Scorecard Changes

That's a bummer that they are removing it for Authorized users. Those technically are customers too. (Not in that group, but wow. They are cutting back).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.