Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute gone wrong. Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute gone wrong. Please help

I’m new to the whole credit thing. I bought a car from an auto dealer and have been and still paying the monthly rent to see it increasing my credit but after 6 months it didn’t. And looked through a credit karma that showed that it was saying I have 2 months late payments. So I disputed thinking they will fix it. So what ended up happening was them removing the whole account from my report online as if im not still paying the monthly payments. Please help me.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: Dispute gone wrong. Please help

Disputed accounts are often removed during the dispute process, it should return. The cannot actually remove the account permanently without your concent (even then technically they cannot).  The FCPA states that if an account is reported, the company is required to continue reporting it.

Credit things can take time. Welcome to the forum. 

Message 2 of 5
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

The first question is, did you have late payments? Are you purchasing the car from a "buy here, pay here" dealership?

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and thank you for welcoming me. Another question I had why my credit isn’t improving and it has been 2 months since that event happened and the dispute finished 2 days after I have filed it. Do you know why its not improving my credit number? Thank you in advance
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Making a couple car payments will not magically increase your scores. You might want to read the Understanding Fico subforum but there is much more to increasing ones credit score than an installment loan.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.