Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing personal info?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Disputing personal info?

Hey, just got a free TU report on dh today in the mail. They got it ALL corrected.  Pretty cool report too.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly having a suffix is a total nightmare and I’m pretty sure when I get around to getting my LexisNexis and ARS and Sagestream I’m going to find that they have me mixed up with my father’s info on top of everything else. 

Agreed 100%!  I have an extremely uncommon suffix, "V" which has caused me decades of headaches... so many that I actually put an end to the 5-generation tradition; my son is not the"VI."  I've had a ton of issues with my father "IV" and my information getting mixed up over the years... everything from receiving each others mail, bills, phone calls from doctors, you name it.  When filling in my name for whatever online, rarely does the drop down suffix box go past "III"; a couple of times I've seen "IV" but never my "V" suffix.  As a result, I normally input my suffix into the last name field... (last name space suffix). 

Reporting wise has been all over the place.  The most common mistake is assuming my suffix is a middle initial (I don't have a middle name) so my name can be found represented first name, suffix, last name on all of my credit reports.  This has caused a bunch of reporting problems; Citi twice now has been unable to get my account to report on TU for periods of 5-6 months at a clip for example, Amex for a long time was unable to pull my EX report to update my FICO score on my account, etc.  Any time any of my lenders has an issue at all, I always tell them that with 100% certainty that it has to do with my suffix so that they don't waste their time looking elsewhere.  If they drop my suffix from the account the problems usually go away immediately.  Having a suffix is no fun at all.

Ugh! What a nightmare!

I haven’t had anything that bad happen. Probably the most annoying thing is that my drivers license says “2ND” because I didn’t want to spend even more time on my birthday getting the DMV to correct my name. 

I have only run into one application that didnt have II as an option - Commerce Bank skips it in favor of Jr. :/

I don’t blame you on not wanting to pass on the suffix, what a huge headache!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Hey, just got a free TU report on dh today in the mail. They got it ALL corrected.  Pretty cool report too.

Glad that they got it all fixed. Have him monitor WalletHub though because it’s like a game of whack a mole on my report now 😂 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably the most annoying thing is that my drivers license says “2ND” because I didn’t want to spend even more time on my birthday getting the DMV to correct my name. 

Must be a DMV thing, as they've got "5TH" on my license.  That's created issues for me when trying to get my name properly represented on my credit reports, as all of the CRAs always want a copy of your driver license. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably the most annoying thing is that my drivers license says “2ND” because I didn’t want to spend even more time on my birthday getting the DMV to correct my name. 

Must be a DMV thing, as they've got "5TH" on my license.  That's created issues for me when trying to get my name properly represented on my credit reports, as all of the CRAs always want a copy of your driver license. 

I don’t understand how they can ask for my social security card and birth certificate and then turn around and not put my full legal name on the card. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.