Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Automatically Report AUs?

tag
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

Does Chase Automatically Report AUs?

Hi there everyone, 

I am being added on my fiancé's Chase Sapphire Reserve and a Chase Amazon Prime card. It did not ask for an SSN. When adding my brother on a BoA card, it asked me for his SSN and he got reported right before the card came in.

My question is - does Chase report AUs automatically, or does my fiancé have to call them and give them my SSN to report so I get the score bump? 

Thank you! 

Scores 1/1/2022:
TU: 720
EQ: 720
Experian: 680

Cards:
Capital One Quicksilver $3.3k | Apple Card $5k | Ollo Optimum $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $5k | AMEX Gold | AMEX Platinum (AU) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12k AU) | Chase Amazon Prime ($10k AU) | BoA Cash Rewards ($10k AU)

Grateful for this forum!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Chase Automatically Report AUs?

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Hi there everyone, 

I am being added on my fiancé's Chase Sapphire Reserve and a Chase Amazon Prime card. It did not ask for an SSN. When adding my brother on a BoA card, it asked me for his SSN and he got reported right before the card came in.

My question is - does Chase report AUs automatically, or does my fiancé have to call them and give them my SSN to report so I get the score bump? 

Thank you! 

In my experience it depends on if you share an address. 

A few years back I added 2 people to a Chase card, one that lived with me and one that didn't. The person that lived with me had the account report on the next statement. The person that didn't live with me (and we don't have a common address on our reports) the account didn't show up until 2-3 years later when it randomly started reporting. 

Message 2 of 8
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@dragontears wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Hi there everyone, 

Thank you! 

In my experience it depends on if you share an address. 

A few years back I added 2 people to a Chase card, one that lived with me and one that didn't. The person that lived with me had the account report on the next statement. The person that didn't live with me (and we don't have a common address on our reports) the account didn't show up until 2-3 years later when it randomly started reporting. 

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out if my fiance needs to call Chase and ask them to report too...curious to know what others' experience have been! 

Scores 1/1/2022:

Cards:
Capital One Quicksilver $3.3k | Apple Card $5k | Ollo Optimum $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $5k | AMEX Gold | AMEX Platinum (AU) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12k AU) | Chase Amazon Prime ($10k AU) | BoA Cash Rewards ($10k AU)

Grateful for this forum!
Message 3 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I would suggest giving it at least a statement, they don't need your ssn to report if there is a way (such as a shared address) to connect the two of you 

Message 4 of 8
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@dragontears wrote:

I would suggest giving it at least a statement, they don't need your ssn to report if there is a way (such as a shared address) to connect the two of you 

There isn't, currently! Wondering if I need to ask her to call Chase to report. BoA asked for my SSN, Chase asked for my address, birthday, and name (no SSN) 

Scores 1/1/2022:

Cards:

Grateful for this forum!
Message 5 of 8
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

They will want your social once the card arrives. My mom added me to her chase Amazon card and she said they asked for that when she activated the card. The card won't report unless it has been activated.

Message 6 of 8
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

They will want your social once the card arrives. My mom added me to her chase Amazon card and she said they asked for that when she activated the card. The card won't report unless it has been activated.

Just the answer I was looking for, thank you so much! How recent was this, and is it something you do on the website, or was it through phone setup? I have two Chase cards coming, so I figure doing one should be good for the other. 

Scores 1/1/2022:

Cards:

Grateful for this forum!
Message 7 of 8
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

She requested me as a AU online but she called to activate it.. it has been a few months. What's been interesting is the card is included with my credit utilization on fico 8 but it's not in fico 9. So I'm not sure if I'm getting any benefits of being on her account with fico 9. It looks like fico 9 takes AU accounts out of scoring. Maybe someone can clarify on that.. it was painless experience and it was reporting very quickly, within a week or two. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.