Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate Reporting

Hello FICO Family,

I have recently started repairing my credit after a brutal and lengthy divorce process and have seen good progress with the FICO app and it’s ultimate B reporting and monitoring in combination with paying credit balances down and debt validation. However, I recently sent out my first round of debt validations letters requesting that a certain account be verified because I honestly had no idea of what the debt was and why it’s such a high amount?Transunion removed the debt, but Equifax and Experian added the debts again. So they have duplicates of the same debt and same amount and no one has yet to provide me with any paperwork or notification of what the debt is? Is this a normal process, should I continue to wait for documentation from them explaining their findings. Or will the duplicates suddenly drop off. Should I send maybe a second round of verification letters? The collection agency is Accelerated Financial.

Anyone ever experience this when first starting the validation process? Maybe someone could shed some light on what is happening.

My current FICOs are 627 Ex, 631 and 615 TU.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplicate Reporting

When you say that the collections were added again to two of your credit reports, do you mean that the same debt collector has reported twice, or that a different debt collector has added another collection on the same debt?

Were your prior DV requests timely, meaning they were sent to the debt collector either prior to their having sent any dunning notice, or sent within 30 days after dunning notice?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate Reporting

Thanks for responding, good question.

It seems as though Accelerated Financal Solutions as added the same debt twice. Basically in my FICO alerted stating "A new collection has been added to your credit report", when I checked it was a debt that was already there. Same debt I'm trying to verify with the bureau. Which I thought was odd. Transunion removed the debt, but Experian and Equifax just added another debt. When I look at total collections its increased by the amount of the new debt added. 

I never recieved a notice of the debt, it sort of just showed up on my report. I had no idea who and what it was, so as soon as I could I sent letters the 3 bureaus. The letters were sent March 5th, the notification in FICO came April 6th. 

I hope that answers the question. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.