Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate negative items

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate negative items

Hi,

I know that if you have duplicate items, for example, a debt that went to collection, and the collection and the debt itself show as two different items, you can ask to have one of those two removed.  Does it work like this for Public Records?  For example, a debt that shows as a bad or late account, then also shows up under a different collection agency, then also shows up as a court judgement under public records, effectively showing it's ugly head three times in the report.  How many times, and where should this debt be showing up?  What can I ask the credit bureau to remove?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate negative items

eperry0303 wrote:
Hi,

I know that if you have duplicate items, for example, a debt that went to collection, and the collection and the debt itself show as two different items, you can ask to have one of those two removed.  Does it work like this for Public Records?  For example, a debt that shows as a bad or late account, then also shows up under a different collection agency, then also shows up as a court judgement under public records, effectively showing it's ugly head three times in the report.  How many times, and where should this debt be showing up?  What can I ask the credit bureau to remove?

Each time it is sold or the status changes it is a new entry on your credit report.  Chrarge offs should show 0 balanes due and the judgement is a result of the collection activy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate negative items

It's going to depend. With the collectors, DV them. It cannot simultaneously be with both collector A and collector B.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.