Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Split File

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

EQ Split File

Well, my equifax credit file split after a dispute for a collection that wasn't mine. Same first and last name of some guy who is twice my age apparently..lol. But anyway. I caught it and called and had it fixed in about 15 minutes. Now my EQ file has no lates, no baddies, AAoA or 11 months, utilization of 11%, but lots of inquiries. The score is 628. Prior to the split it was like 670. Any idea what happened? Prior the file had two collections, a lot of inquiries, AAoA of 12 months, and utilization of 30%. Just kinda confused right now.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ Split File

I am glad it has been fixed.  Did EQ tell you what happened?  Because there are alot of things that can cause a split file. For example, pulling your file too often can cause it to split.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy it's fixed! Perhaps another forum member can help with your question about why.

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 4
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

No explaination as to why it happened. Just that my file was big and these things happen. I might pull my EQ once a month, twice max with my EQ plan I have just to check to make sure my reports line up. Haven't had the issue with EX or TU.  I did have to talk to 3 different people to finally understand my issue. It happened immediately after the dispute cleared apparently. The credit report I received after the dispute I think helped get it fixed as fast as it did since EQ had generated it and it showed all my accounts for them to locate the rest of my file.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.