Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVERYONE HAS BEEN LIED TO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EVERYONE HAS BEEN LIED TO

This myth that only 30 day late payments are reported to the credit bureaus is a lie. Today I applied for Barclay credit card, instantly approved for 1,500$ , 4 minutes later I called the back door number and requested to have my limit set at 3,000$. Here is where it gets interesting, before he gave me a 500$ Increase  ( he denied anything higher then that because of how low my other credit limits were) he did a soft pull and asked me why was I 2-3 days late on my Wells Fargo credit card. Interesting, I thought only 30 day late payments were reported to the bureau and anything reported under 30 days was a violation of federal law. My Wells Fargo credit card had interest due on 12/2/2016 (11.25$) I didn't pay it because that interest included a cash advance interest and last month that cash advance was due to a fraudulent charge; Not only did wellsfargo make a mistake by charging me interest on a fradulaebt charge, that they claimed was already resolved and any related fees would be reimbursed back to me; but they also reported me 2-3 day late payment to the bureaus. Also, I pulled the SAME credit report Barclays pulled a couple of minutes later and I didn't see ANY late payments on my account. It's safe to say lenders can see things we can't. I will be seeking legal help.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EVERYONE HAS BEEN LIED TO

Could it have been a misunderstanding? Did you call back to speak to a different person to see what they would say?

Message 2 of 25
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Where did you pull your report from?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is messed up. I'm interested in the outcome of all this.

Message 4 of 25
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Wait. So, LAST MONTH there was a fraudulent charge with interest.. and you didn't pay the interest last month on it either (or did I read this wrong). Remember, there is NO grace period on a cash advance, so, it is entirely possible that you actually are late, based on that! However, if it is fraud, I'm sure that they will eventually remove the latest for you, along with the accrued interest.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

i have never heard of this before.

Could it had possibly been that WF reported out of cycle? That seems more likely..

And with everything being outsourced, the language barrier becomes difficult. I always ask to be transferred back to a USA rep.

Where did you pull your report? If it wasn't a true TU report from TU itself, I wouldnt worry about it. If you pulled from like CK or any of those places, eh..

Sounds like to me the rep didn't know how to read a report, and may have confused an early cycle reporting with a late ....
Message 6 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no creditor is reporting 2-3 days late and it's not even an option on a credit report to show such things... it's either current or 30+ days late.

Not sure where the misunderstanding was but it's false.

Pull a TU report of your own and verify that wells has not reported a 30 day late and if not move on... Barclay can be great or they can be EPIC stupid! I think you hit the latter tonight!

Message 7 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

no creditor is reporting 2-3 days late and it's not even an option on a credit report to show such things... it's either current or 30+ days late.

Not sure where the misunderstanding was but it's false.

Pull a TU report of your own and verify that wells has not reported a 30 day late and if not move on... Barclay can be great or they can be EPIC stupid! I think you hit the latter tonight!

PREACH BROTHER!! LOL Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 25
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict, couldn't have said it any better 😂
Message 9 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Data point:  my grandparents had a fraudulent charge show up on their WF Visa back in the summer... Wells was very prompt in rectifying the situation, and they reversed the interest that had accrued on the charge (it was nearly two months old when it was spotted).  We did not have to request the interest credit... it was automatic.

I'm not saying I don't believe the OP, but something is wrong here... Wells has their faults but I've seen first-hand how they deal with this kind of thing, and they were both professional and efficient.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.