I’ve a few quick questions regarding 2 items that are set to drop off my reports early in 2024. I’m just wondering if my thoughts on possible EE’s are valid.
Late Payment from January 2017 account closed and paid.
Charge off from February 2017 (still being updated monthly for 6200.00)
According to my annual reports the charge off is set to drop off in February 2024 and the late payment that’s closed doesn’t seem to have a set drop off date from what I can see on TU and EX.
Am I correct in trying for an EE from TU in July for late payment account and October on EX for the late payment?
Also, for the charge off, August for TU EE and November for EX with a February 2024 dropoff?
For EQ I’m not going to temp fate on either with only a 30 day window on both based on what I have read on the forum.
Those are my only baddies by the way....
Thanks in advance
Yes August for the CO. But. The closer to the fall off date for that amount. If you dont have any collections tied to the account. One may show up. You past your states SOL? If is 1 30 day late. Isnt doing much to your score anymore.
I'm in Pa so the SOL is 4 years so I'm past that and there have been no collection efforts tied to the account and it's still the original creditor.
So, do you think I should wait a bit longer than 6 and 3 months respectively to ask for the EE on that?
Some will say yes. Some say no. If there isnt a CA as of now. You may call and ask and not say the word dispute. Some CRA's will still put it as a dispute and wake the sleeping bear and here comes a CA until the DoFD has passed for that amount. Then they both have to delete themselves come fall off date. Lets see what other opinons say or success stories.
I was going to use the too old to report option (online) versus any other option for both the late and the charge off....
The late payment I will try for sure with both CRA's since it's closed and paid as agreed and hopefully it will just get removed right off...
I'm willing to let the bear sleep on the charge off if the majority opinion seems to favor it versus going for it and I know it's going to be a YMMV shot in the dark...
I've got some time till then, so I will see what other opinions are as well... Thanks by the way!!