Did you mean: 

Eq installment utilization reporting lagging

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eq installment utilization reporting lagging

Paid 4320 down on my student loans usually report around the 10th

Sure enough reported on the 9th like clockwork on experian, 10th on TU

Still has not reported on EQ, I will admit I never watch it this closely usually, but my CC utilization dropped around a day after the other two

Is this normal for eq to lag behind? Is EQ backed up right now?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Eq installment utilization reporting lagging

Lately reporting has been a roller coaster ride! .. YMMV

Message 2 of 9
Trudy
Valued Contributor

As @M_Smart007  states, roller coaster for sure.  Since March I've had slow, very slow and crawling reporting.  EX updated my auto loan for March in late June.  April hit a couple of weeks later.  Now just 2 months behind.  EQ is a little slower but EX has been very late on everything except my Cap 1 cards.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I havent had any issues besides this, wait scratch that ex last month was 10 days late reporting my auto loan closed out I disputed to get the balance updated, heres to hoping it fixes itself here quickly paying that much down (almost 50%) definitely gained me a few points

Message 4 of 9
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Good.  I would assume and hope your scores will update sometime soon.  COVID seems to have impacted timely reporting for some lenders and even the CB's.  Prior to the pandemic most here received updates when expected +/- a day or so with TU being the general lagger and EX being 1st to report.  My auto lender, who I checked with stated that they as well as other lenders and even credit bureaus have reduced staff/hours and this may be a reason.  But assured me their updates automatically go out to all 3B at the same time.  For me it seems to be a CB issue since its not the same very late reporting for all 3.

50% reduction should result in a decent gain.  Keep up the good work and good luck to you!  Hey, doesn't sound like you're seeking credit so at least this hiccup is not hurting a needed application status Smiley Wink  I know in some cases from posts it's helping them garden a little longer Smiley Happy  Time is the great equalizer often.

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Trudy, I 100% agree on it being a CB issue.

Message 6 of 9
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Yep, I think EX has lost their "most reliable" status for now.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20200717-194452.png

Still hasnt updated on the plus side equifax is apparently nuking my lates very very early for some reason maybe covid? I had lates from october and november 2013 that are already gone and they supposedly only go 3 months back it looks like im getting another extra month and a half of deletions out of them, im tempted to dispute saying balances arent correct but with my horror stories of disputing student loans and eq, dont really want to rock the boat there particulary with them nuking lates so early, strangely my walmart card I closed two days ago is already reported closed to eq and ex. Maybe ill call eq and fed loan on Monday but I know they send the information the other two bureaus got it? So idk whats going on, I dont think it would be as dangerous to dispute for incorrect balance but I dont want to take any chances with equifax

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also not due to forbearance either cause it updated in may, after the forbearance and its reporting to the other two

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.